Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It looks to me as though the male spline collar has come loose from the gearbox shaft and is stuck inside the tractor pot connector.
On the gearbox shaft there should be a woodruff key that engages the spline collar and the collar is held on this shaft with two small metric set screws.
I have had these set screws come loose and protrude outside the collar and interfere with clean coupling.
Make sure you still have the woodruff key, reinstall the collar and use low strength loctite on the set screws to prevent this from recurring in the future.
I had a similar thing happen on the 60HC deck on my x758. The set screw holding the spline collar onto the shaft backed out and made it really hard to disengage the deck from the tractor. Looks like the OP had a worse case of the same type of thing. Glad they got it fixed for you. Check those set screws from time to time or pull them out and put some loctite on them.

Rob

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the exact same problem the day I bought my 2025r with the 60inch autoconnect deck. The dealership was using a BFH to try and get everything into place. I convinced them to just let me take delivery and I would set it up right. It was a mess. I am glad your dealer got this figured out for you, I wish I was so lucky :cautious:

My solution, was to loosen the four bolts on the end of the shaft you have shown in your picture and then connect the mower deck. It connects easily when there is movement there at the end of the shaft. Then get everything aligned and set up properly, then tighten those four bolts. Its a tight squeeze to work in there but now it connects like butter.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's good to know for future adjustments. Man, my dealer got this thing set up spot on, it connects and disconnects perfectly and it mows really nice too now that I got my scalp wheels set right.

I'm really happy with the autoconnect system and the quick detach loader, I can switch from work mode to mow mode in 5 minutes without hardly doing anything, and with the quick hitch I can drop or hitch up the ballast box from the seat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not an auto connect, but my deck wasn’t set up correct when I took delivery yrs ago either. It’s like these guys don’t know how to read a book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you all figure out a solution to get your deck to raise past 4? Mine has the same problem and I would rather fix myself than traveling 40 miles and leaving it at the dealer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Did you all figure out a solution to get your deck to raise past 4? Mine has the same problem and I would rather fix myself than traveling 40 miles and leaving it at the dealer.
I haven't looked any further into it, I feel like mine raises as high as it should even though the selector doesn't go to the highest position.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts