Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new house and realized that my push mower wasn't going to work very well for the 4.5 acres of grass I now need to cut.

Enter the 1025r with 60D mower deck. :)

Thanks to another thread I have the deck leveled correctly.

The question is: should all three blades be pointing in the same direction? like (| | |) and (- - -)
Because when I was leveling the deck I noticed that the left blade is turned 90 degrees from the center and right blade. like (| - -) and (- | |)

I have found several large sticks/limbs in the new yard... :( Could I have knocked the left blade out of alignment?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
No, you don't have to worry about blade alignment at all. There's no way to maintain blade alignment because some slippage will always occur between the v-belt & pulley drive system. If blade alignment or "timing" was important the deck would use a drive chain & sprocket or cogged tooth belt system. Think of your deck as three separate single blade mowers. The placement of the center blade either ahead of or behind the centerline of the left and right blades allows for some overlap.

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
No, you don't have to worry about blade alignment at all. There's no way to maintain blade alignment because some slippage will always occur between the v-belt & pulley drive system. If blade alignment or "timing" was important the deck would use drive chain & sprocket of cogged tooth belt system. Think of your deck as three separate single blade mowers. The placement of the center blade either ahead of or behind the centerline of the left and right blades allow for some overlap.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said:good2:

·
Premium Member
14,720 Posts
Great writeup Superglidesport , just to add one thing. When you want to check the blade heights left to right or front to back . With tractor engine off you can reach under the deck and turn either blade to the direction needed to measure blade height using JD Mower deck leveling gauge.

John Deere Mower Deck Leveling Gauge | RunGreen.com

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
From personal experience: Be careful winding those blades against the normal direction that they rotate! You CAN wind the belt off an idler or pulley. Don't say "it can't happen", it happened to me levelling my deck!:laugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts