Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea how to get this dang discharge chute off? The key that holds the pin in place won't budge, and I don't have the bolted on chute.

I'm trying to install my mulch kit and can't get the last nut on unless this thing comes off.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
Have a Dremel?

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
That’s what I was thinking, you can drive out what’s left after it’s out.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I take mine on and off all the time. Should just be a cotter pin to pull out out. I use my leatherman to pull the cotter pin. Then the long pin should come right out. When you put it back on the spring can be a pain to get lined up, but shouldn’t take more than a couple minutes to do.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I take mine on and off all the time. Should just be a cotter pin to pull out out. I use my leatherman to pull the cotter pin. Then the long pin should come right out. When you put it back on the spring can be a pain to get lined up, but shouldn’t take more than a couple minutes to do.
Not this one, it's not a normal cotter pin. It's like some press fit job that's either broken off or completely seized. I'm guessing someone previously screwed it up before I owned it.

I worked on it for an hour with every type of pliers and punch I could think of. Didn't budge.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I used a pair of pliers to pull the roll pin out of the end of the bar. Then, slid the long bar out the other way.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used a pair of pliers to pull the roll pin out of the end of the bar. Then, slid the long bar out the other way.
This one won't budge for whatever reason. I think I've resigned to cutting it off, then drilling it out. Or just throwing the whole damn thing away since the chute is really busted up anyway.

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
This one won't budge for whatever reason. I think I've resigned to cutting it off, then drilling it out. Or just throwing the whole damn thing away since the chute is really busted up anyway.

I probably have one you can have for the price of shipping, although they are cheap.

I’m guessing you didn’t find your Dremel and a cut off wheel. If you have some good drill bits you can core it with a somewhat smaller bit, then use an over size to flush up the straw.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ended up just using the recip with a short metal blade. Made short work of it. Tossed everything, if I need a new one I'll have to order it, oh well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts