Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been reading everything? I can find. My tractor has not consistently gone into lock since the beginning. My dealer said just spray some WD40 on it. That did work a little but not a long term fix.if I understand correctly you lift 3 point all the way up, set height (for me H) and then lower 3 point down. And deck will set level at that height. If not level turn the 2 turn buckles until level. I can not get left side down enough, I have turnbuckle almost off rod now. It is hanging about 3" off the floor. The right side is up about 4-1/2" with the turnbuckle almost off rod. It is abviously mowing crooked. Last year it was pretty descent. This year I had the deck on and off a ton of times. Also I read about a mystery adjuster behind the left rear tire, do I need to play with it? I just got to 50 hour service last weekend. I only have 10-20 hours mowing since new. I emailed dealer yesterday and they are busy passing me between, sales service and who ever else. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Your first picture makes me think that you need to start with step 1 in the setup "sticky" at the top of the SCUT forum, which does involve the "mystery adjuster" you refer to.

Compare your picture here to the one from the manual. You need that gap at A.

yourpic.jpg manualpic.JPG

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I made some progress on the deck tonight. What I learned...this is not easy. I used 1*2*3" blocks, my home made gage and a pry bar.

It looks like my turn buckles are hitting the frame so hard it will not allow the lift arms up to the max height. If I unhook my turnbuckles I can get into lock position.
I got my deck fairly level, within 1/2" all the way around. The front of the blade is 1" lower than the bottom of the deck. Is that normal?

With the 3-point all the way up I can only get 3" off the ground to the blade.

I dropped the gage wheels down and tried mowing. It went well no scalping and nice and flat. Even on the rolling front lawn it stayed nice. I am not sure where to go next but at least I am mowing descent.

The pictures are the frame damage, the turn buckles(one good side one damaged) the blade and deck height, the final height with 3-point all the way up & the step block without the turnbuckles hooked up.

I know this topic has been getting a lot of attention, I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow I have done almost 100 1025/1023's and never seen anything like that. The lift arm behind your left rear tire may need adjusted. There will be 3 5/8 inch bolts that need loosened and adjusted. You will need to back your tractor off the deck to adjust cause when you loosen the bolts your arms will drop. I adjust mine almost all the way together, sometimes less, so when its loose pull the two halves together and tighten. After adjusting the arm you will probably need to adjust your two cams which may be threaded too high and that's why they are hitting the frame, Just a thought. Sometimes I run into a 60 inch deck that rubs the rear tire when raised all the way, so I adjust rock shaft lift arm by extending it a quarter inch out instead of pulled all the way together. Good luck with the adjustments!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts