Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a set of mower deck axles to store my 60D MMM for the winter. So it is tipped up with the PTO shaft end of the gearbox facing down. The next morning, there was a small puddle of gear oil that dripped out of the gear box. Is this something to be expected and I should just keep something under it and refill in the spring? Or maybe one of the two seals leaking? It doesn't leak when laying in it's normal flat position. (Find Your John Deere Parts Fast)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,617 Posts
If you replace the vent on the gearbox with a regular plug for storage that should solve this, most of them will leak a little out of the vent.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that #14 (pressure relief valve) in the parts diagram in the link I posted?

·
Premium Member
13,617 Posts
Is that #14 (pressure relief valve) in the parts diagram in the link I posted?
Yes, that would be it, just replace it with a standard plug for winter. Just don't forget to put it back in come spring.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Interesting. My 60HC deck, which is essentially the same design, doesn't leak when I store it upright.

Rob

·
Premium Member
13,617 Posts
Interesting. My 60HC deck, which is essentially the same design, doesn't leak when I store it upright.

Rob
I know others on here have said the same thing, I guess some leak and some don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts