Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once in a while I get Lucky!

Picked up a regular duty 61" bucket a guy had on Facebook. His dad purchased it some years ago brand new and was going to buy a tractor to put it on and never did. It had never been on a tractor.

I bought it for $350 and bought $50 worth of material and made it an HD bucket.

I added the 1/4" piece under the top lid. (JD uses 3/16" but I couldn't find 8" wide flat stock 3/16" so I went 1/4")

End pieces are 1/4" and hooks are exactly like the ones on my 72" HD John Deere bucket.

I also added 2 - 2" strips of 1/4" underneath as my big bucket had 4 and this one only had 2.

Have not had the time to purchase extra grader blade and drill bucket for it but I'm pretty sure it will happen.

If I do I will have about $600 in a bucket the dealer quoted me for $1300+ and mine has hooks like 48" and 72".

Fun project!

Attachments

·
Old Pa-pa
11,432 Posts
Slick. :good2:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Nice mods and great looking work, can we see the additional wear strips on the bottom?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice mods and great looking work, can we see the additional wear strips on the bottom?
I'll have to take pictures next time it's off the rack.

·
Registered
273 Posts
That looks GREAT!

I reinforced my old bucket a while back but it's not near as purdy as yours. I had a piece of 4x4x1/4 angle in the shed and a new plasma cutter I wanted to try out. I cut one leg off the angle and left about 3/4" on one side. I used the piece with the short leg on top and used the flat side I cut off to make pieces for the sides of the bucket. I made a continuous weld down the front of the sides but I stitch welded the rest. For hooks I just cut one eye off some HF hooks and welded them on.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks GREAT!

I reinforced my old bucket a while back but it's not near as purdy as yours. I had a piece of 4x4x1/4 angle in the shed and a new plasma cutter I wanted to try out. I cut one leg off the angle and left about 3/4" on one side. I used the piece with the short leg on top and used the flat side I cut off to make pieces for the sides of the bucket. I made a continuous weld down the front of the sides but I stitch welded the rest. For hooks I just cut one eye off some HF hooks and welded them on.

It's amazing how much more ridged they become.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a great picture but I added the 2 in the middle. Outside 2 are factory.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts