Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6115D

After 2.5 hours of brushhogging(several times), my general STOP engine light comes on. With an Infrared gun, I determined that my hydraulic oil is probably the cause (156 degrees).

I'm trying a series of things and have eliminated some things but my next one is to change the hydraulic oil and filter. But I was told by a guy at a JD dealer that I should clean the hydraulic sump screen 'right behind the pto shaft' with some brake kleen and it was a good time since the oil would be already drained out.

I see images of this screen on other models but can find no reference to one in the manual for this model or anywhere else. Is it possible that it doesn't have one?

850 hours on the tractor.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I would look on the right and left sides, under the final drives.

Reactions: eawrink

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
156* for hydraulic oil is not that hot, running at about 100*over ambient temp is pretty normal. Looking at the JDParts system and the manual, I only see a filter and no sump screen.

Here is a link to the Operators Manual: OMSU38638

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
156* for hydraulic oil is not that hot, running at about 100*over ambient temp is pretty normal. Looking at the JDParts system and the manual, I only see a filter and no sump screen.

Here is a link to the Operators Manual: OMSU38638
I would think that wouldn't be too high either but the manual says the normal range is 113 degrees and if you get to 180 or so, the internal seals will burn out.

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
I could not find a sump screen on jd parts either.

Reactions: eawrink
1 - 5 of 5 Posts