Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been getting to know my "new" 1962 3010 (story is elsewhere on this forum) and have discovered one issue I am not sure how to correct.

When it sits for a day the 3 point settles down to the lowest point. That is not a big deal to me... It usually lifts immediately after I start the engine, but one thing does confuse me and I am not sure which component is my problem.

Until the 3 point raises, there is no power steering. As soon as it gets back to the top, the steering wheel will begin spinning, I think to the right, yet the front wheels wheels do not turn. The wheel will actually turn all the way to the right, and a few seconds later the front wheels will follow right.

After it gets over all of this, all seems normal, until the tractor sits for a day or two again.

There is a hydraulic leak under the cowl somewhere. I have not taken the time to see if it is the spool valves, or the steering valve. I will get to that eventually. What I am wondering is where the likely problem is. Do I have a bad steering valve, or is it the steering motor?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
I think hyd oil is leaking back out of steering components while tractor hasn't run for a while. Easiest thing to do replace o-rings in the steering motor by removing frt axle and one side frame. Spindle in steering motor requires timing with steering piston. Steering valve housing has some valves that could be out of adjustment but requires some technical knowledge to adjust.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think hyd oil is leaking back out of steering components while tractor hasn't run for a while. Easiest thing to do replace o-rings in the steering motor by removing frt axle and one side frame. Spindle in steering motor requires timing with steering piston. Steering valve housing has some valves that could be out of adjustment but requires some technical knowledge to adjust.
Sounds complicated. I better find a service manual!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts