Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not the most knowledgeable with these old two cylinders but I’m looking to install a pre cleaner assembly on my 620. My question is do I have to remove the entire hood in order to get it on, or would I be able to get to it by just removing the front nose cone portion?

Any other tips or tricks feel free to add those too!

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
I’m not the most knowledgeable with these old two cylinders but I’m looking to install a pre cleaner assembly on my 620. My question is do I have to remove the entire hood in order to get it on, or would I be able to get to it by just removing the front nose cone portion?

Any other tips or tricks feel free to add those too!
Once the Grill(nose cone portion) is removed, half the work is done. There's only a few mounting bolts left to remove the hood. I'd remove both to install the Pre-Cleaned. It'll save you the aggravation of working around the hood.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I understand, isn’t the gas tank attached to the hood and you have to remove them as one unit? That sounds like a job.....

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
It is a hood/fuel tank assebly. It isn't all that heavy, once the fuel is drained.

You can try installing the pre-cleaner with only the grill removed.

If you do decide to remove the hood/fuel tank assembly, you'll need to remove the steering shaft after the grill is removed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts