Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an X485 with a 62c deck. the left blade is fine but the center and right blades are not cutting even and it looks horrible. I just put a new belt on it and checked the deck and it doesnt appear to be bent or damaged and the blades are installed correctly and the pulleys look fine. I used a JD blade measurement tool and there is an inch to inch and a half difference in the blade from front to back and from left to right on both the center and the right blades. Is there a way that I am unaware of to check out the deck...like I said, it looks fine. Help please!

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Sounds like you already checked but I would double check that the blades are level one to the next. Also if you have recently removed the blades double check that you don't have the blade hung up on the shoulder on the spindle.

I don't know how your deck is hung ofF the bottom but If all the above is good than maybe you have part of the hanging system on backwards or hung up.

Good luck and as always pictures can help us to see what you are seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's been doing it for a little while and I keep piddling with it but I just can't figure it out. I don't think the blades are upside down but I guess I should check that. I put new ones on at the beginning of last season and have removed them a few times to sharpen them I guess I should just double check that.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,652 Posts
It's been doing it for a little while and I keep piddling with it but I just can't figure it out. I don't think the blades are upside down but I guess I should check that. I put new ones on at the beginning of last season and have removed them a few times to sharpen them I guess I should just double check that.
Can't say how many times I've put a blade on upside down. Well maybe I could but I won't.:lol:
Heck, I've even forgot to engage the mower deck a few times and then wonder why the mowing looks like crap.

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
Can't say how many times I've put a blade on upside down. Well maybe I could but I won't.:lol:
Heck, I've even forgot to engage the mower deck a few times and then wonder why the mowing looks like crap.
Haven't done that in a long, long time. I think it was Thursday night.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I might not be understanding you correctly but if the blade is out 1 1/2" front to back then it really can't be something like an upside down blade.

Rotate the blade 180 and check again to eliminate a bent spindle which would be my first guess. If the results are he same then I would look at the actual deck and bearing mount up.

Also I would guess the blade that is "right" is actually the one that is wrong. You probably need to make it like the other two and then level the deck with the draft arm.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,652 Posts
Good points RRMCCABE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts