Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or do others have the same problem where the welds keep breaking on the 62D Mower Front Draft Arms? The Dealer has re-welded one side and now the other has cracked. If you've come up with a solution, I'd be interested in hearing about it. I just purchased a second draft arm so that I can have a replacement available while the first is being repaired.

Line Parallel

·
Registered
26,513 Posts
Never had that problem myself after quite a few years of use.

Do you have the mower set correctly? Not running on the gauge wheels?

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Is it just me or do others have the same problem where the welds keep breaking on the 62D Mower Front Draft Arms? The Dealer has re-welded one side and now the other has cracked. If you've come up with a solution, I'd be interested in hearing about it. I just purchased a second draft arm so that I can have a replacement available while the first is being repaired.

View attachment 459938
As coaltrain posted, is your deck setup properly?? You definitely have an issue. Unless I missed it posted somewhere, you are the first with this problem.

http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMLVU17638_G9/Output/Index.html?tM=

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine pop out if I mow in any sort of incline. Last year it happened once all year. This time it happens almost every time I mow. I completely broke one of the gauge wheel arms this week while mowing. It set itself in soft dirt and the tractor did the rest. Guess I need to read up on how to set the mower as far as gauge wheels go. This is one of the times I miss the 1 series with the adjustable knob for cutting height. I have been using the gauge wheels to control the height with my 2032R. Apparently I need to do some research.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Mine pop out if I mow in any sort of incline. Last year it happened once all year. This time it happens almost every time I mow. I completely broke one of the gauge wheel arms this week while mowing. It set itself in soft dirt and the tractor did the rest. Guess I need to read up on how to set the mower as far as gauge wheels go. This is one of the times I miss the 1 series with the adjustable knob for cutting height. I have been using the gauge wheels to control the height with my 2032R. Apparently I need to do some research.

This is for the auto connect. Not sure, but whether auto or manual the procedure for proper setup is basically all the same for these drive over mower decks for our MCUT's. It sounds to me, you've been doing it all wrong since day one. Cutting height is NEVER adjusted using the gauge wheels.

OMLVU30964

·
Registered
26,513 Posts
Exactly what the last 2 posts say.

You control the deck height with the 3-point hitch lever. You do not just push the lever all the way down. This will let the deck ride on the gauge wheels which will quickly detroy them along with the mower deck linkage.

Here is the manual for the mower deck -

OMLVU17638_G9

Please read and follow it. If you have any questions any of us will be happy to help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the responses all. Much appreciated. Certainly solves the mystery of why I'm having so many problems. I replaced the broken guide wheel arm and I was pleasantly surprised it was only 31 and change. I'll spend some time this morning trying to learn how to get everything adjusted. I can't seem to find video or pictures of how it should look. Thanks again.

·
Registered
26,513 Posts
Thanks for the responses all. Much appreciated. Certainly solves the mystery of why I'm having so many problems. I replaced the broken guide wheel arm and I was pleasantly surprised it was only 31 and change. I'll spend some time this morning trying to learn how to get everything adjusted. I can't seem to find video or pictures of how it should look. Thanks again.
It’s all in the manual that I linked to above.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
vtlmbrjack you never did mention which type of deck you have.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks again all.

As far as the deck; my apologies. 62D2 with the standard mechanical lift (I think is what it is called). It links to the draft arms and the rock control lever for the 3 point. I may have abused all sorts of technical terms there; my apologies if I have.

I will be taking my plow off tomorrow and putting the deck back on for another mow. I will be attempting to get everything leveled out and set up appropriately. Thanks for all the appropriate advice and documents. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
See pics: Is it the mechanical lift system you have on your 2720?
What measurement do you have from end of nut to end of bolt?
It's about 1/2" on my 2520.
The measurement should be the same on both sides.
Seems you have too much tension on the front draft arm...or too much on one side.
Inspect the welded bracket on the 62D2 deck where the arm hook.
Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's the animal right there on my 2032R. I have read the installation manual and I verified that the dealer set it up correctly last year. It was sitting on the gauge wheels when it was delivered; so, in my foolish brain I believed it was supposed to be that way. With those wheels down and the weight of the deck on them the slight inclines that I was mowing would relieve the pressure on the front arm and let it come loose and pop out. Everyone's help here and advice has probably saved me a significant amount of money. My wheels are decent; look a little rough but their life should be greatly extended by me not being an idiot anymore!

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
8,930 Posts
Not an idiot. Just learning and smart enough to ask questions.:good2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts