Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of a new 2520 with the 62D drive over deck on Friday. Mowed my lawn this weekend and removed the deck to play with the loader to find that there were NO brackets/pins to attach my 3-point arms to. Before I made my purchase, I'd watched the JD marketing video on the 2xxx series machines (http://www.deere.com/media/player/player_en_us.html?src=s/flash/deerecompany/cce/residential/cuts/2000twentycuts_h.flv&lowsrc=s/flash/deerecompany/cce/residential/cuts/2000twentycuts_m.flv&autostart=true&r=-1). If you scroll to the 7:30 mark in the video, it talks about the Stow and Go feature of the drive over MMMs. I chose the deck for 2 reasons: The ability to drive over and the ability to pick it up with my 3-point arms. To my dismay, I've only got one of the two features that sold me on this implement. The DoM on my deck is Jan 2011 so it's pretty fresh from the line. Any pictures that I've seen of these decks with the brackets appear to be welded, not bolted on. Does anyone know what Deere did? I've got my dealer looking into it, but I'm too impatient to wait for a response. Do they have bolt-on brackets now that it appears they stopped coming standard with them welded on?

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
From what I remember reading, late 2009 or early 2010 Momma Deere decided that the consumers were not getting much benefit from the pins and that most were not using them. They removed them as a cost savings.

They must still have the videos up?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you..... thought the 62D deck came with the Stow and Go feature. So I was surprised when my new 2520 with a 62D MMM was delivered last month without the Stow and Go feature. I voiced a complaint to the dealer where I purchased the tractor and he is supposedly sending me the bolt on kit.... haven't seen it yet though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they discontinued, I sure hope they have a bolt-on and that the deck is just as strong in the spot where the earlier decks were welded. I'll take the bolt-on kit if there's really one available. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got my 2520 with the 62D last September, and it also did not have the lifting brackets. I as well thought this would be a great feature, especially when servicing the mower. As a matter of fact, this was one of the main reasons purchased the "I" match at the same time.

When I questioned my dealer, who had no idea the lift brackets were no longer being included, he contacted Deere. Apparently JD did a survey, and most people did not think they were that much aof a benefit, so they were discontinued. Me....I think there were some safety issues, and JD saw potential lawsuits.

As far as I know, even the lifting bracket parts have been discontinued, as my dealer was also going to order them separate, and he found out they were no longer available.

REV

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called JD customer service. They did a good job of playing stupid and claiming that they had no knowledge of stow and go, even though it's in their marketing video and the mower owners manual. They told me to go back to my dealer and have them file a customer service inquiry so that an engineer could review it. I too went with the 62D purely for the ease of moving the deck and am less than pleased with the response I've gotten. At this point, it is what it is. If they don't have a retrofit, the least JD could do is acknowledge the false advertising and offer a voucher for an accessory to right their wrong.

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too was encouraged by my dealer to contact JD customer service. The young lady I spoke to told me that I should get w/my dealers parts department and order the "missing" brackets. She supplied me with the part number and a reference number for the call I was making. I had my dealer check it out the next day only to find out that the part number she quoted was incorrect and that the brackets were not available to be ordered. In the long run, JD Corporate was no help at all. The dealer I bought the tractor from had to fab up the brackets based on another older deck w/stow and go and then pay a local certified welder to weld them onto my deck. All of this is being done at the dealerships expense. I'm supposed to get my modified 62D back tomorrow. I'm happy my dealership is making it right but dissappointed in JD Corporate.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I'm happy my dealership is making it right but dissappointed in JD Corporate.
Happy? I would be ecstatic. :yahoo: You have a great dealership. I myself would not expect them to go this far. I think actually JD corporate relies on their dealer networks for such service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
62 dud

Hey guys just traded my 09 2520 for a new 2520. After the very first mow and happy as a kid at Christmas I removed my deck. Wow was I surprised, the transport brackets are missing. A call to customer service got me a run around. They basically said I had to talk to the dealer. The dealer asked for dealer technical assistance. They were informed that Deere stopped installing the brackets in Mar. 2010. The dealer offered to give me my old deck back. How kind of them. Now I have to install the loader to move the deck. I'm not happy and wish there was something we could do. I purchased the deck partially because of that feature. If this is a cost cutting measure it must be working. Look at Deere's quarterly earnings. I bleed Green and Yellow but it's starting to fade.

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Hey guys just traded my 09 2520 for a new 2520.
Did you have a problem with your '09?

Greg

·
Registered
183 Posts
Time for a creative solution to this problem. Can anyone supply some decent photos of the brackets for the stow and go. It can't be too hard to get some made and then offer them for sale. etc.

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
I took some photos this afternoon.
I also took some measurements,but I don't have any way of showing them on a drawing.

Greg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Thanks Brian
I've used Google Scetchup before,but it's been awhile.:unknown:

Greg

·
Registered
183 Posts
So if I understand correctly, the tractor grabs the rear low pins when you drive over and connect, and when you backup the iMatch lifts the forward high pins, and the low pins contact the outside of the hook and keep the deck from rotating.

My mower should be here later this week so I'll be able to measure the mower and iMatch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So if I understand correctly, the tractor grabs the rear low pins when you drive over and connect, and when you backup the iMatch lifts the forward high pins, and the low pins contact the outside of the hook and keep the deck from rotating.

My mower should be here later this week so I'll be able to measure the mower and iMatch.
I learned about the stow and go here on DT. Funny enough, the day I bought my 2520 (yesterday), Deere added an advisory to the video showing the stow and go stating that it was no longer an available feature.

·
Registered
115 Posts
And I have to add, it is a cool feature! My tractor arrived today. I asked the tech who delivered it if he knew anything about the stow and go feature....he didn't. That makes for a: salesman, sales manager, parts guy and tech.....all of whom knew nothing about the feature?!

I used the stow and go to change the blades on the mower...it was quick and painless. I also was able to hit all the grease fittings with the deck off the ground a little bit, which cut down on the stooping over. All in all it seems like a neat feature. I'm wondering if it was a cost cutting tactic or if there is something about the geometry of the brackets causing the deck to twist which made them discontinue it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
an additional thought on this....

And I have to add, it is a cool feature! My tractor arrived today. I asked the tech who delivered it if he knew anything about the stow and go feature....he didn't. That makes for a: salesman, sales manager, parts guy and tech.....all of whom knew nothing about the feature?!

I used the stow and go to change the blades on the mower...it was quick and painless. I also was able to hit all the grease fittings with the deck off the ground a little bit, which cut down on the stooping over. All in all it seems like a neat feature. I'm wondering if it was a cost cutting tactic or if there is something about the geometry of the brackets causing the deck to twist which made them discontinue it.
After mowing twice with this tractor, and of course having played with the FEL & mmm a LOT I've come to the conclusion that the stow n go brackets were just too close to the inner sidewalls of the front tires when driving off and on the deck. I noticed that the front tires had a gouge or two on the inner sidewalls when I looked over the tractor on the dealer's lot...I attributed it then to just normal wear and tear.

Now, after taking the deck off and on multiple times, and doing so veerrryyyy slowly I have watched just how close the sidewalls come to the brackets/pins for the stow n go feature. They are close....daggone close. It would not surprise me in the least that JD had a number of folks busting sidewalls being too quick on the draw so to speak.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
TB, now that is an expaination I can believe. This is the first time I have heard of this possibility. Nice job. :good2:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts