Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 6300 MFWD and a 640 loader. We have started having the hydraulic temp light and the stop light coming on in the cab while doing easy work. puling tedder and wheel rake. Was gonna change the filters tomorrow and drain the fluid and check the screen. was curious if there was anything else to look for while I am into it. The breaks also get a little spongy also. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
My first thought is the oil cooler.
This tractor uses an oil to air cooler. later models use an oil to liquid cooler. Maybe the oil to air cooler was not sufficent?

·
Registered
257 Posts
While checking the oil cooler is first, then check for abnormal heating. A bypassing valve heats the oil like an orifice. It's Deere's procedure to use the steering valve to heat cold oil in bypass.. Look for heat after any valve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I have a 6300 MFWD and a 640 loader. We have started having the hydraulic temp light and the stop light coming on in the cab while doing easy work. puling tedder and wheel rake. Was gonna change the filters tomorrow and drain the fluid and check the screen. was curious if there was anything else to look for while I am into it. The breaks also get a little spongy also. Thanks in advance.
What did you find was the problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts