Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
We've had a 6310 for about 15 years, it has about 10k hours and is brilliant.
It has a leak on the top of the rear end somewhere that is proving very difficult to isolate, it comes and goes and can leak quite a few litres in one day. It may be the gasket between the top cast piece and the main housing but I can't see it.
Has anyone had a similar problem on a 6000 series tractor?
Thanks for any help!
Cheers

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had a leak at a o-ring boss fitting on the transmission housing. It was hard to find. I suggest cleaning the area and then dusting it with baby powder or flour. Start high since any leak is flowing down. Since your leak is intermittent, check often when operating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, will try the baby powder, its a little brighter than dust!

I had a leak at a o-ring boss fitting on the transmission housing. It was hard to find. I suggest cleaning the area and then dusting it with baby powder or flour. Start high since any leak is flowing down. Since your leak is intermittent, check often when operating.

·
Premium Member
8,600 Posts
The suction hose for the pump (large one that make almost a full circle) failed on my 6415. I think because it made such a tight turn. It took for ever to find the leak because it was from the bottom of the hose and it would drip on another hose and run down that hose and where that hose started to go back up, it dripped to the ground.
I expected a molded hose when I ordered a new one from JD. I got straight precut hose. Had I known it was just straight hose, I would have bought a longer piece for a gentler bend.
6415suctionhose.PNG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Zebrafive. I'm on the farm this weekend and will investigate further.

The suction hose for the pump (large one that make almost a full circle) failed on my 6415. I think because it made such a tight turn. It took for ever to find the leak because it was from the bottom of the hose and it would drip on another hose and run down that hose and where that hose started to go back up, it dripped to the ground.
I expected a molded hose when I ordered a new one from JD. I got straight precut hose. Had I known it was just straight hose, I would have bought a longer piece for a gentler bend. View attachment 781187

1 - 5 of 5 Posts