Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there im kinda new here but looks like a great forum! The reason im posting here is because i own a 2003 6320 and recently i started having a problem with the second fuse in F03 column its the 10A one wich operates 4wd,pto and diff lock.. as soon as you turn the switch it blows it (tryied up to 20A) also tryied following the wires from the fuse box, the right one connects to 6 other fuses wich all have to do with ELX something but seem ok and the left disappears in the pannel.. Any ideas before i have to head to the dealer?

·
Administrator
22,426 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

I would start by looking for the obvious. Sticks jammed into the wiring harness, damaged connectors, etc. etc. If that doesn't find it, unplug all components that are powered by that fuse, put a new fuse in, then one by one plug them back in with the ignition on. You should be able to narrow it down fairly quickly that way.

:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
10,012 Posts
Insteadof puttting a new fuse in rig a 12 volt light to go across the fuse terminals. The light will provide a load so you will not need a pile of fuses to find the problem. So if you have short to gound the light will just be ON.

Which switch causes the fuse to blow? You listed PTO , Dif Lock and MFWD. Which ever it is that is where to start. All control solinoids. Try unplugging connectors in the system that is blowing fuses. If the light goes out you know it something after the connector you unplugged. I bet a bad solinoid or wiring to it shorted to ground.

Reactions: nik6320

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys thanks for the reply! I meant it blows straight away when you turn the ignition key... today i placed a 12v light across the fuse as soon as i turned the key it came on. i disconected the 4wd , dif lock and pto switches but it still stayed on.. is it worth following the wires all the way to the solenoids?? it also says in the book that fuse operates the forward wheel speed (i have no radar) where do i find that sensor? thanks for youre time guys.

·
Administrator
22,426 Posts
is it worth following the wires all the way to the solenoids?
If that's what it takes to find your short, then yes. Try disconnecting all the solenoids and actuators connected to that circuit until your light goes out. Connect them back one at a time until the light comes back on. That'll point you to the exact wires and circuit that needs your attention. It could very well be a bad actuator or sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That fuse also powers the seat switch.
Theres a seperate fuse for the seat in my case although i did find out it powers the handbrake switch (no wonder why the handbrake light is stuck on also..) So i tried following the wires as far as i can i have literally taken the inside of the cab apart, i disconected everything that i can see that have to do with that fuse, rest of them disappear under the cab its impossible to follow, but light still stays on! Also disconected some sensors/solenoids under the tractor but it still didnt turn of, the only thing remaining to find is the wheel speed sending sensor wich is also connected to this fuse but dont know where to even begin looking for that..

·
Premium Member
10,012 Posts
My guess is speed sensor is in the transmission. Which one do you have?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.