Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD 6400 that is stuck in MFWD. I know the part (s) needed, even the JD dealership doesn't have it (it's a pigtail). Anyone, anywhere, anyhow?

·
Registered
932 Posts
What “pigtail” do you need? The wire that plugs into solenoid? Do you have a part number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
jd110,
I need the wire connector that is connected to the 4x4 solenoid (image of solenoid attached). The connector does not have a part number, it also does not come with a new 4x4 solenoid.

IMG_0223.jpg

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
If you have the part number, look up greenfarmparts.com. they can ship it to you.

·
Premium Member
7,513 Posts
jd110,
I need the wire connector that is connected to the 4x4 solenoid (image of solenoid attached). The connector does not have a part number, it also does not come with a new 4x4 solenoid.

Do you need the connector shown? Or the one that plugs into the one shown (wiring harness side)?
If the wiring harness side, post a picture looking into the connector on the solenoid. I am guessing it's a Delphi weathertech connector.

I might have one from a car that would work!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Do you need the connector shown? Or the one that plugs into the one shown (wiring harness side)?
If the wiring harness side, post a picture looking into the connector on the solenoid. I am guessing it's a Delphi weathertech connector.

I might have one from a car that would work!

I need the connector side that plugs in. Two-wire (two terminal).

IMG_0222.jpg

·
Registered
932 Posts
You need part numbers 9 and 10. You need to slide the wires through this style connector and then crimp new ends on. Then wire is pulled back into connector. I don't know of any pigtail with terminals already crimped on. When I replace a complete harness on anything, I cut off these ends with a length of wire and save them so it is easy to splice into an harness for repair later. In answer to your original question, yes these connector parts are available in U.S., but should be available at any dealer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,513 Posts
Looks like a Delphi (now Aptiv) Metri pack 150 series connector Drawing is from mouser.com A GM dealer should have these too. The also have pre crimped pigtails, but VERY PRICEY, IIRC P/N is PT169 (a Delco P/N)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts