Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new. WE got a 98 or 99 6410, with the 4.5L 104hp engine in it. Im not sure how to pump up the injector pump on it for a little more horse. Anyone help me out here?

Thanks. Ace.

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Unfortunately the vast majority of 6410's did not have the Denso common rail fuel system, in fact I don't know if any did. All I have seen have the Stanadyne mechanical pump which does not have an externally adjustable fuel screw. As far as I know, the pump needs to be disassembled to adjust the fuel rate. Maybe someone here knows how? Just be advised that with today's emissions laws, it can be risky to mess with factory settings.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
If it has the stanadyne pump, get a professional to do it! I have watched people think they could mess with them and end up ruining the pump.

With that said, if you do turn it up, make sure you have the proper gages. The factory settings are very safe, but more fuel means more heat, and well, you know the rest of the story.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks guys, Iv been looking into chips but i thought this tractor would be too old. If i were able to bump up the pump i would straight pipe the exhaust so it wouldnt heat up to much. I know my 97 7710 can be bumped up, so i figured the 6410 could be. But i guess not :cry: Its a shame because its a saaad 104 horse.. lol

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Straight piping the exhaust does little to help. The EGT's you are worried about are in the cylinder (combusion temps). Not only that, your turbo will take the heat also before you get to a less restrictive exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i guess. But this tractor doesnt make enough power to worry about too much heat lol. Their it next to no dark smoke that comes out of the exhaust. Were looking into getting another tractor for spraying and planting. But until then we d like to get alittle more power out of this thing. Its on its knees pulling our new sprayer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were looking at getting another 6000 series tractor. One that has the 6.8L i do believe? 140ish horse power. The 6410 has a front end loader on it. And from day 1 when we bought it new its always been gutless and never started in the winter. 4.5L's have Zero torque.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Were looking at getting another 6000 series tractor. One that has the 6.8L i do believe? 140ish horse power. The 6410 has a front end loader on it. And from day 1 when we bought it new its always been gutless and never started in the winter. 4.5L's have Zero torque.
Sounds like it is time to dump it and upgrade.

D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts