Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang, I'm new here. We have a 6430 Premium that only blows warm to hot air. All functions work, fan control, selector switch ( defog, feet, ect) I pulled the seat and accessed the heater and air conditioner condenser and found that the lines on either side of the valve are always hot once operating temp is reached. In my opinion this would indicate a faulty valve. I was told by a JD mechanic that it probably has a faulty Climate control unit. Ours DOES NOT have the Climatrack controls. Just a simple 3 knob unit. I got a new control unit and plugged it in and no change. Now Im told that the unit needs to be calibrated. Really. Is this true. I dont want to pay someone to drive 2 hrs to our place and then say well I guess it is the valve. I guess my real question is, do the simple 3 knob control units have to be calibrated and can it be done through the tractors command center or do you need a special JD program n a laptop.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Welcome to GTT
Simple test would be to install manual shut-off valve in heater hose to block circulation of warm coolant through heater core. My JD 4255 has had manual cut-off heater hose valve installed since Feb '93 shortly after I purchased it used. I've never had the desire to open that valve since installed because one normally needs AC on low setting during Texas winters

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that idea of a simple fix. Only problem is I would be turning it on and off on a regular basis. We are in central BC Canada. It’s 3 degrees Celsius here today. In winter we will get -40. A good idea but probably not the best solution for us.
Still wondering about the need for calibration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts