Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if these brackets are installed incorrectly. I can't attach my 647 to the iMatch Quick-Hitch. I think I can adjust the Quick Hitch, but then none of my other attachments will fit. I think brackets on the bottom where the pins are located are installed upside down. Can someone send me a picture of theirs on the Quick Hitch?

Thanks for your help.
JFC

Attachments

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I don't have the 647 tiller but I think the brackets are upside down on yours. If you you remove the u bolt holding them on, flip them over, you should have better luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
No tiller here either, but a quick google search of "647 tiller pics" found this, your brackets appear to be installed incorrectly:
H3875.JPG

Reactions: BigJim55 and Jarred

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think they are designed to go either way. For the X7 series its probably better to be in the lower position due to the limited lift height of the cat. 1 limited hitch.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Like several others have said...upside down. If I remember correctly, mine needed to be flipped too.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Can anyone tell me if these brackets are installed incorrectly. I can't attach my 647 to the iMatch Quick-Hitch. I think I can adjust the Quick Hitch, but then none of my other attachments will fit. I think brackets on the bottom where the pins are located are installed upside down. Can someone send me a picture of theirs on the Quick Hitch?

Thanks for your help.
JFC
You might want to contact your dealer and check which position is best for your cat. 1 limited hitch. You can make that top hook quickly adjustable by removing the bolts and using hitch pins in their place.

My 647 tiller came with the brackets in the lower position:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called the dealer and they are coming out Thursday to figure out and fix the problem. I will update the post then.

Thanks
JFC

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This evening I met the Salesman from the dealership and he flipped the brackets on the tiller. We were then able to attach it to the 3 point. However I also mentioned that there was oil leaking from the gear box. He attempted to take out the oil plug to check the oil level and snapped the threaded part right off. :banghead: He believes it was already broken part way and he just managed to break it off the rest of the way. Ugh, oil all over the place. We loaded the tiller into the back of his pickup and its going in for warranty work. I have never even used it and its already in the shop for repair.

Oddly enough he looked at the label on the tiller and then commented "The Italians should have done a better job at the factory." Apparently that until was manufactured in Italy. I thought JD was mostly American made.

Thanks everyone for the help. We fixed one problem and now on to the next one.

JFC

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
JD sources parts and equipment from all over the world, it's a "global company" blah blah blah :laugh:

But seriously the Italian made tillers and gearbox's are considered top of the line, most likely it's made by this company: Production Sites

Reactions: BigJim55 and Jarred

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So today I stopped by the dealership. I talked to the mechanic and he was not very happy with my tiller. They replaced the cover to the gear box and the cap. It sat overnight and guess what, another oil leak. They ordered parts again and hopefully it will be ready next week. Has anyone had the same kind of problems with oil leaks on the their tiller?

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55 and Kennyd

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
good 647 tiller

Mine came with a dent in the rear door, but it worked fine for 5+hrs without a problem. I inspected it before and after that first job. No problems,at all. The dealer came and fitted a new door the next day -warranty/no fee.

2016 1025R TLB
48" FEL with Kennyd bolt on hooks
48" 647 tiller
54" mmd
Artiilian forks
48" box scraper
260 BH
Piranha toothbar
Flames on the hood
Fit Rite top n tilt kit on order

1 - 14 of 14 Posts