Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister has a 647 tiller for her 1025R. The hitch pins that the dealer gave her are unusual, see below. They have a CAT0 and CAT1 diameters on the same pin. The brackets the pin fits in have a CAT1 hole on the outside and CAT0 on the inner portion. I assume it would allow the use of the tiller on CAT 0 and CAT1 3-point equipped tractors. The top link is set up the same way, but the top link pin has an additional hole that allows you position it it for CAT0 or CAT1. The hitch pin slides outboard when the tiller is raised and the CAT0 diameter portion interfaces with the CAT1 ball on the tractor. Anyone have a 647 and use it on a tractor with CAT1 3-point.
IMG_0104.JPG

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Yes I have that tiller on my 2025r first gen. Your lower links should be inside the U bracket and the top link goes in the top link hole. Use the correct size part of the pins. Mine came with bushings that slide over the cat 0 part and allow the R clip to keep the pin tight.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mine are the same and I use it as described above on a 2025R but instead of using the bushings on the smaller section I drilled an extra hole in each pin to use the hitch pin up next to the bracket. I havea quick hitch and iMatch bushings on the large part of the pins so I don't have to fool with them.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I use Pat’s EZ hitch, I don’t mess with them either except the top link. I had forgotten how they were set up and had to go take a look!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MTB, Thanks for the info and picture how it is supposed to be set up. I wonder what the dealership did with the spacers. I bought her a set of CAT 0 to CAT 1 spacers at TSC. They will work, but really need to be longer. If she lived closer (she is in Missouri and I am in Alabama) I would have set everything up for quick hitch. I have a spare HF. Yes, HF quick hitch will work with John Deere IMatch compatible implements. She has had the 1025R for two years and I had to set the mower deck height will I was visiting. The dealership set the mower gauge wheels at 1 1/2". The wheels needed to be set at 2 1/2". Set the gauge wheels then adjusted the deck height using the dial so the wheels just touch. She said it was perfect. She had been using the 3pt control to adjust cut height. Dealership should have done that.
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts