Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I may have burned up the clutch. I've read everything on this site and at least 3 others, seen a lot of You Tube video and done some research. Now I'm going out to take it apart. I'll be back with the low cost effective answers to parts for this clutch. The local JD dealer and GreenFarmParts have only one answer: buy a new one.:gizmo: That's the wrong answer.

Standby for part numbers and sources, as well as some photos of this simple clutch. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:munch::munch::munch:

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
:munch::munch::munch::munch: can we get some pics of the bad or broken parts, once u have it apart. thanks and good luck!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
:munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch:..............................................................................................................:scared:

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
647 slip clutch parts & tools

OK. Instead of big money for a new clutch, go here to buy the friction discs. The clutch is made by Eurocardan in Italy. It's known as their FD0 (Fox Delta Zero, not Oscar) Slip Clutch. Don't get confused and go for the FD1 clutch. It's bigger and the wrong one for the 647 Tiller.

The discs are 120mm O.D. That's 2.68" I.D., 4.72" O.D. and 1/8" thick when new.

You'll need two discs, Eurocardan P/N 1804000 or Agmate P/N 40219. Agri-Supply, Georgia Equipment Co., and DN Equipment Parts have the discs adn other parts, inlcuding complete new clutches.

Just do an online search for Eurocardan 1804000 or AGmate 40219 with your zip Code and you may find a source closer to you. You'll also find them on eBay and Amazon. Agri-Supply shows them in stock for $10.99 each, plus shipping. eBay shows them (from DN Equipment Parts) for $36.99 a pair including shipping.

You'll need one 13mm wrench, two 19 mm wrenches and a short pry bar to remove the clutch. A 17mm wrench, 17mm socket and ratchet, are needed to dismantle it. To put it back together you'll also need some grease for the shaft and of course, you'll want to grease all the fittings on each end of the PTO shaft before refitting it to the implement or the tractor.

Photos and dismantling details coming soon. It's a 5th grader job - really easy.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
slip clutch diagram posting problem

I've tried for over an hour to post a jpg of the clutch diagram with all parts numbered and in color. No luck. Same for the photos.

I keep getting a message telling me that I'm not logged in or don't have permission to post. At the bottom of the page I'm trying use for the post it says I do have permission to post images. I've gone offline and logged back in, I've shut the computer down and started form scratch after a reboot. I've posted to Facebook and to another forum without a problem except at GTT.

I went to the GTT FAQs 3 times and have done what it says to do without success.

Anybody want to email me and I'll send the info to you to post? I've spent more time trying to post an image than it took to do the job.:flag_of_truce:
The subject line of this post/rant should read Problem, not Prooblem, but who cares at this point?:unknown:

·
Registered
373 Posts
How to phrase

Just do an online search for Eurocardan 1804000 or AGmate 40219 with your zip Code and you may find a source closer to you. how do you phase to include zip code when I entered Eurocardan 1804000 plus my zip code got error message " Eurocardan 1804000 zip code 49685 - did not match any documents."

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I've tried for over an hour to post a jpg of the clutch diagram with all parts numbered and in color. No luck. Same for the photos.

I keep getting a message telling me that I'm not logged in or don't have permission to post. At the bottom of the page I'm trying use for the post it says I do have permission to post images. I've gone offline and logged back in, I've shut the computer down and started form scratch after a reboot. I've posted to Facebook and to another forum without a problem except at GTT.

I went to the GTT FAQs 3 times and have done what it says to do without success.

Anybody want to email me and I'll send the info to you to post? I've spent more time trying to post an image than it took to do the job.:flag_of_truce:
The subject line of this post/rant should read Problem, not Prooblem, but who cares at this point?:unknown:
Send me a PM, we'll get it sorted out. :good2:

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tiller slip clutch works great now

Sorry, but I had to go to HI in a rush and am now back to complete some photos for the slip clutch rebuild before I fit the PTO shaft back to the tiller.

The friction discs arrived and I fitted the new discs into the clutch. It was too easy.

Because Agri-Supply.com was so quick and painless, I hesitate suggesting any other source unless you are really stuck in the midst of a job. In fact, if you think you might have a clutch failure, go ahead and order up a pair of the discs to keep on hand. That'll solve your part wait problem. They're so cheap I ordered 2 sets (4 discs).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts