Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to use a box blade for the weekend so I am thinking of just renting one from Sunbelt. They couldn't tell me the brand but stated that it is 65". I am only leveling a few things out (garden bed area for raised gardens, etc.) so I figure I should be ok with my 1025R pulling it.

Does anyone know the brand or more specifically the weight of these Sunbelt box blades? This would be from the Westminster (Finksburg), MD location.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I need to use a box blade for the weekend so I am thinking of just renting one from Sunbelt. They couldn't tell me the brand but stated that it is 65". I am only leveling a few things out (garden bed area for raised gardens, etc.) so I figure I should be ok with my 1025R pulling it.

Does anyone know the brand or more specifically the weight of these Sunbelt box blades? This would be from the Westminster (Finksburg), MD location.
Just make sure it has the Cat 0/1 (I believe) 3-pt attachments. That's a big one, but if you don't take too big of a bite should work fine. No way it would be too heavy for the 3pt.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found out it is a Frontier BB2065 blade. Said to weigh about 500 lbs. I will try it out and see how it does. I figure if I get bogged down maybe I can just use the blade at a shallower angle or not leave the scarifiers at the first setting.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Found out it is a Frontier BB2065 blade. Said to weigh about 500 lbs. I will try it out and see how it does. I figure if I get bogged down maybe I can just use the blade at a shallower angle or not leave the scarifiers at the first setting.
You'll be able to stop it dead with that sucker, but like you said - just don't take as big of a bite. I've even stopped mine dead with a 48" BB.

It will lift that no problem - the recommended ballast on the 3-pt for loader use is heavier than 500 lbs. I predict it will do the job nicely.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is indeed working nicely. I put a pallet in the bed of my truck when I picked it up. When I got home I used my Artillian forks to get it out of the truck bed. Had no problem moving it even though it was on the forks lengthwise.

I am mostly using it just with the blade and have the shanks in the top position.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I have a BB1065 that I used on my 1025R, but I will admit that it was a little big for it. At the time I bought it, I was considering moving up to a bigger tractor, so that influenced my decision. The 1025R handled it OK as long as you used prudence.

Dave

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update at the end of my Box Blade rental week. It rained all week and so I did not get much done project wise. The 1025R pulled the 65" box blade without complaint. I had no trouble with all five scarifiers down to their second position when pulling up rocks. Most of the time I used it with them up grading however.

Although I am working around a lot of trees I did not encounter any roots.

I want to buy a blade and feel that 54-60" at 400lbs would be ideal for me.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I wish sunbelt had 3 pt equip at all locations. They had by me in GA but not yet here in WI.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have a tiller too but it is a 65" Frontier 1165 model which is too big for my 1025R.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts