Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blade $700, 300 pounds, Wings $200, 70 pounds. I used the blade on a 6 inch snow and was happy with it so far. Have not used it with the wings yet. This blade is much better than the 54" Deere blade. The wings fit this blade very well. Over 7 foot span with the wings on. KIMG0993.jpg KIMG0996.jpg KIMG1115.jpg KIMG1111.jpg KIMG0997.jpg KIMG1104.jpg

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
You get snow in KY!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not often but when we do it shuts most things down. We got enough snow two weeks ago to pay for the blade two times over. So I'm happy with it. I'm using it commercially. Last year no snow but then the two years before that two 10+ inch snows each year. It gives me a chance to have some work during the off months from Landscaping. I just posted this in case someone was looking to try a different blade than the John Deere 54".

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Not often but when we do it shuts most things down. We got enough snow two weeks ago to pay for the blade two times over. So I'm happy with it. I'm using it commercially. Last year no snow but then the two years before that two 10+ inch snows each year. It gives me a chance to have some work during the off months from Landscaping. I just posted this in case someone was looking to try a different blade than the John Deere 54".
It looks like 3x the blade the yellow one is, in every measurable sense.

Reactions: Levi and PJR832

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,071 Posts
Thanks for the post Swampmule. :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: PJR832 and Levi

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You get snow in KY!?!?!?!?!
Louisville got its fair share when I lived there in 2010-2012. That part of the state is right cross the river from Indiana. Indiana does nothing to stop those cold fronts from Michigan/Illinois/Canada from invading the South in the winter. :laugh::laugh:

Nice looking plow.:greentractorride:

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
That 66" blade is on my attachment list for my x595.:good2:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Does that thing attach to the JD quick-hitch?
That's what I was wondering. It looks like it does based on that last picture on his trailer.

Consider me jealous. Why couldn't you have posted this a month ago??? I was looking for birthday ideas!

As for snow in Kentucky, I chuckle every time I think about the way the town of Columbia, KY shut down when a half inch of powder hit the ground. I spent a few years there and it seems we got snow a couple times a year. Never a big storm, I don't think ever more than an inch or two. Those were fun times.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Does that thing attach to the JD quick-hitch?
That's what I was wondering. It looks like it does based on that last picture on his trailer.

Consider me jealous. Why couldn't you have posted this a month ago??? I was looking for birthday ideas!

As for snow in Kentucky, I chuckle every time I think about the way the town of Columbia, KY shut down when a half inch of powder hit the ground. I spent a few years there and it seems we got snow a couple times a year. Never a big storm, I don't think ever more than an inch or two. Those were fun times.
Yes it does. 66" Snow Plow For John Deere Compact Tractor - Compact Tractor Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Blade $700, 300 pounds, Wings $200, 70 pounds. I used the blade on a 6 inch snow and was happy with it so far. Have not used it with the wings yet. This blade is much better than the 54" Deere blade. The wings fit this blade very well. Over 7 foot span with the wings on. View attachment 535554 View attachment 535562 View attachment 535570 View attachment 535578 View attachment 535586 View attachment 535594
Thanks for sharing. How do you set the angle for the blade? is it manual angling only? Or is it compatible with john deere’s angling system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
I have to 60" CTA blade on my 1025R. It hooks up to the quick hitch and does a great job. I like the taller curved top and the skid feet. I felt 66" was to big for what I needed. I also have their grapple and it is well built.

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Thanks for sharing. How do you set the angle for the blade? is it manual angling only? Or is it compatible with john deere’s angling system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes its compatable with the angling kit from deere

1 - 13 of 13 Posts