Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6715 JD purchased new with 2500 hrs now. The hydraulic temperature light comes on after 2 hrs of operation in any kind of work (plowing,cutting hay,baling hay, spraying weeds etc..). Can kill tractor and let cool for 5 minutes and will run another 30 minutes until the hydraulic temp light comes on again. The filter is changed regularly every year in December, and the fluid level is correct. The pump is not getting hot. A laser thermometer was used to check the hydraulic fluid and the temperature was less than 185 degrees after the temperature light came on. Put guages on the hydraulic outlets and all were within normal range.

I understand the hydraulic cooler on the 15 series tractors is under the tractor (between the engine and cab), and not in front of the radiator like other models, thus the water from the radiator is the only thing cooling the hydraulic cooler. Other JD models have the hydraulic cooler in front of the radiator, thus being cooled by the air coming into the tractor and the radiator.

I know another man that has a 6215 and is having similar problems. Any suggestions as to a fix on the hydraulic temperature light problems with my 6715 tractor? Thanks Phil

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Hey Phil,

I by no means am an expert, but with what you just described sounds like your sensor is going bad. Have you check it out? I am assuming the machine is clean and not a lot of packed on dirt?

·
Banned
747 Posts
Sure sounds plausible given fluid and hoses aren't overly hot...

Hey Phil,

I by no means am an expert, but with what you just described sounds like your sensor is going bad. Have you check it out? I am assuming the machine is clean and not a lot of packed on dirt?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Phil, Your coolant temp should be running warmer than usual if your hydraulic is actually overheating. It sounds like you have a sensor issue. All of the xx15, xx20 and xx30 series tractors run a similar, remote cooler. I have yet to see one fail. Your pump would have been over 200 degrees if you were overheating the oil.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts