Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 JD 6715 with regular powerquad transmission not cranking. Has cab and loader. 12.7 volts at battery and full power at starter.. Is there a safety switch of some kind that could be faulty?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Check voltage at the ground and at the starter. There has been a rash of bad battery cable on the forum in the last few months. Remember that led oxide is invisible to the eye. Do you get power anywhere, i.e. does the dash light, do relays click and such?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Felix22, the lights on the dash do come on. One click, lights don't dim. When ign is turned back to original position there is one beep. Going to pull the starter tomorrow and bench test it just to be sure there are no glitches with the solenoid. Any suggestions until then? Thanks for the feedback..

·
Administrator
21,541 Posts
You said you had full power to the starter. Does that mean the positive battery cable runs straight to the starter? If so, take a small wire and jump the small terminal wire to the large battery lug. If the starter is good, it will spin the engine over (if the battery, cables, and connections are good).

EDIT: I checked JDParts.com, I looked at several versions of this tractor. They all appear to have the battery cable running straight to the solenoid on the starter. Try the "jump" method in the first part of my post. This will tell you your problem is either with the battery, cables, starter, or it's with the tractor side like an ignition switch or neutral switch.

·
Premium Member
8,993 Posts
Your Power Quad trans has a neutral start switch. It's on the front of the trans, key 13 in the drawing, part number RE46534. It will have two wires going to it. If you disconnect the harness and jumper these two wires that will bypass this switch.

One other thing to check; is PTO engaged?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts