Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6715 power quad left hand reverse, mechanical, that will not shift into forward or reverse. I have changed the cable connects the hand shifter to the acuator on the oil housing. Moves very hard. I can get it to go into forward but not reverse and vise versa. I have tried adjusting the yokes to no avail. It was last run about 3 weeks ago dragging a harrow, everything seemed to work then now nothing. When first got back in was very difficult to engage then wouldn't. I can move the acuator by placing a box end on it and shift with little force. Please advise

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Welcome to GTT
If reverser control is difficult to move at trans then I'm going to guess syncronizer has failed.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The reverser is a power reverser and the linkage is moving a valve. WIth linkage disconnected at the control valve, you should be able to shift the control valve lever easily by hand. If you need to use a wrench to move it, I suspect you might have failed the detent roller. The control valve can be removed from bottom of transmission. Check #36 in diagram for roller.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reverser is a power reverser and the linkage is moving a valve. WIth linkage disconnected at the control valve, you should be able to shift the control valve lever easily by hand. If you need to use a wrench to move it, I suspect you might have failed the detent roller. The control valve can be removed from bottom of transmission. Check #36 in diagram for roller.
Thank you. I worked my way from the handle through the linkage one piece at a time. I did find it to be in the control valve. Mine has a ball and spring that provided resistance to the switch arm. It took a lot of pressure to compress the spring. I could not find any flats or marks on the ball. I removed 1/2 a coil on the spring so that neutral still locks in and everything works great now. Next parts run will call for a new spring and ball very easy to get to. Thank you once again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts