Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have a 2000 6910 with almost 11k hours, as far as I'm aware.

Have recently restored it along with new head gasket and a rear half shaft seal.

Everything seems to be going ok until it heats up after an hour or so of work.

When it is heated up and I bring to a stop, once I go to move again it won't just go when the clutch is let out I have to give a slight rev before it moves.

From my own perspective it's not that the clutch is slipping because I would know if that was the case but after a few calls to buddy's they seem to think it's a Power Quad fault and that it can be fixed by lifting the cab and fixing whatever the issue is.

Please note that even when the tractor has just been started and driving ok it is slightly jumpy when moving through the Power Quad gears.

Has anyone ever had this issue or similar issues regarding the Power Quad Transmission?

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long since hyd filter was changed & sump screen(key 15) checked/cleaned? I would also suggest to check trans pressures.
Head gasket and half shaft and full service including all oils and filters at same time about 19 operating hours ago.

I have also noticed that it seems to be slightly under powered and smokey, and obvious reason for this?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Does transmission react the same way in forward and reverse? Does it have left hand reverser? Once it does start moving, can you idle it back and keep moving without slippage? Definitely need to get some pressure readings, system pressure, forward pressure and reverse pressure. ALso recommend checking mfwd pressure. Also try turning mfwd on and see if transmission operation changes. I have seen pressure loss in the mfwd circuit that causes drop in pressure for transmission clutches. The mfwd uses oil pressure to disengage the clutch and turns off pressure to engage it. Be sure to test system pressure with mfwd on and off to see if there is a pressure drop. It should dip when turning mfwd off, but should bounce right back to same pressure, I believe spec is around 240 psi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts