Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking for some insight from the PRO's here, Haven't ever worked on a Kawasaki gas 6X4, Am needing information on why the gator won't do the top speed of 15-18, just barely get about9-10mph out of it, we aren't looking at going any faster just what the unit should do, with only 397 hrs on is, wouldn't think the primary clutch buttons are warn, but may be? ANY IDEAS !

Lets here um,

THANKS, Commence to your thoughts.

waltmart

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Is it making it to full RPMs?

I think most gators had a speed limiter option. Could that be it?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
I would bet to get to 15-18 MPH it would take a long flat straight away in perfect conditions. In real life usage, the MPH spec on these is not realistic at all, IMO.
However, 9-10 mph does seem a bit slow. I'd start by replacing the belt.
Maybe a clutch tuneup is in order, I've read many times that JD does not tune the clutches at all.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am looking for some insight from the PRO's here, Haven't ever worked on a Kawasaki gas 6X4, Am needing information on why the gator won't do the top speed of 15-18, just barely get about9-10mph out of it, we aren't looking at going any faster just what the unit should do, with only 397 hrs on is, wouldn't think the primary clutch buttons are warn, but may be? ANY IDEAS !

Lets here um,

THANKS, Commence to your thoughts.

waltmart

Let ya know, It's fixed and runs up n down inclines, NO ISSUE get about 15 mph out or it

PRIMARY CLUCTH, was the issue,

THANKS,
waltmart

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would bet to get to 15-18 MPH it would take a long flat straight away in perfect conditions. In real life usage, the MPH spec on these is not realistic at all, IMO.
However, 9-10 mph does seem a bit slow. I'd start by replacing the belt.
Maybe a clutch tuneup is in order, I've read many times that JD does not tune the clutches at all.
Gizmo,
You are correct, JD at one time rebuilt he clutches and had to many complaints when they wore out prematurely, SO THAT WENT OUT THE WINDOW, no rebuild kits available anymore, Talked to a JD service manager and stated they had to many complaints, So new or nothing for that time on,

Regards,
waltmart

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
Gizmo,
You are correct, JD at one time rebuilt he clutches and had to many complaints when they wore out prematurely, SO THAT WENT OUT THE WINDOW, no rebuild kits available anymore, Talked to a JD service manager and stated they had to many complaints, So new or nothing for that time on,

Regards,
waltmart
Thanks.
I know for a fact the clutch on our 560 needs some work/tuning and has since we got it. The 560 was new when we got it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts