Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question because one of you must either have one or at least have access to one: How tall is a model 70 diesel with a roll-a-matic front end? Measurements from the ground to the highest point of the hood, top of steering wheel, and exhaust would be much appreciated. My garage door opening is only 84" tall and I want to make sure it will fit without too much grief. I have the numbers from the tractor data website but it is just a number without any description as to where the measurement was taken from.

An anecdote involving low garage doors for your Labor Day weekend amusement: I once hauled a load of sand to a local horse arena. I backed in, dumped, and started to drive out when I realized that the un-laden truck was now too tall to fit back out the door... We let all the air out of the tires and suspension and it cleared the door by 1/2 an inch. :lol:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I don't have access to the spec's you desire but IIRC a JD 70 RC with upright muffler will not go under a 84'' high opening without removing or shortening muffler.

·
Administrator
20,282 Posts
I have to remove the muffler to get the 60 in my garage door. The steering wheel barely fits under. IIRC the 60 isn't all that smaller than a 70 in height.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
IIRC the 60 isn't all that smaller than a 70 in height.
I remember being able to swap front ends and back rims between our 60's, 70, and 730. That alone tells me that they were of similar stature. It shouldn't be that much bigger, but with my luck it will be just big enough to be a problem. :laugh:

·
Administrator
20,282 Posts
Here's a picture for scale. It's a standard height garage door.

Mind you, there was no rear tires on in these photos. The muffler was lifted off just after the photo.

Here's the parts 60 I bought. Again, the muffler was lifted off and it barely fits under the door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts