Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone else have issues removing and installing their Auto-connect decks?

The other day I removed the deck to do some backhoe work. I had trouble getting the right latch to flip up (it was under load). I had an even more difficult time getting the deck back on. (it did not want to go all the way past the latches). Lift was all the way down and gauge wheels were all the way up as they are supposed to be.
Finally after dragging the deck around the yard for about 50 feet over about 7 attempts, it latched. :banghead: (After having to fiddle with the lift height).

I figured I'd have more problems with the PTO shaft than deck latching, but PTO has never failed to engage. Anyone else have an issue like this? Is there just that one "sweet spot" height the lift needs to be at for proper latching? :unknown:

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Hi All,

Does anyone else have issues removing and installing their Auto-connect decks?

The other day I removed the deck to do some backhoe work. I had trouble getting the right latch to flip up (it was under load). I had an even more difficult time getting the deck back on. (it did not want to go all the way past the latches). Lift was all the way down and gauge wheels were all the way up as they are supposed to be.
Finally after dragging the deck around the yard for about 50 feet over about 7 attempts, it latched. :banghead: (After having to fiddle with the lift height).

I figured I'd have more problems with the PTO shaft than deck latching, but PTO has never failed to engage. Anyone else have an issue like this? Is there just that one "sweet spot" height the lift needs to be at for proper latching? :unknown:

Thanks,

Jeff
Back off the nuts at most three flats to make the front draft arms longer. Count the flats to keep it square.

You were on level concrete correct? If you were just in the yard all bets are off.

Reactions: PaDave

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back off the nuts at most three flats to make the front draft arms longer. Count the flats to keep it square.

You were on level concrete correct? If you were just in the yard all bets are off.
Thanks Herminator!

No, I was on grass in the yard. Which I thought was the preferred method as it is easier on the deck. (Grass/dirt vs, hard concrete)

Jeff

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks Herminator!

No, I was on grass in the yard. Which I thought was the preferred method as it is easier on the deck. (Grass/dirt vs, hard concrete)

Jeff
I have found level concrete is important. Any other surface is hit and miss. Also make sure it's in 4 wheel drive or the front tractor wheels will just push the deck around instead of climb up on it. Other than that, just make sure the tractor is parallel to the deck on approach or one side will lock in and the other side won't. It has been a learning experience of trial and error of what to do and not do.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
378 Posts
I dont have much luck on grass without getting out of the seat and wrestling the deck.
On concrete or asphalt it works very well.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have a 2025 with a 60" deck so it might be different but there are a pin for each side to keep the latches in place. When you remove the deck there is a hole further back to store the pins while the deck is off. I put the pins in the normal holes instead of the storage holes once and it keep the latches from working. Took me a while to figure that one out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts