Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatta pain!!!!! Second time this has happened. Local 2cyl puller told me the diaphram above the fuel filter bowl which is oil pressure activated is probably split. I did replace it many moons ago but having significant rust in the gas tank keeps me using the little thumb nut /stud arrangement to encourage the sediment to fall into the bowl for removal. Suspect I got a bit over zealous with that & split the new one. Also points out a float issue. I have had float issues because of the rust before, so I shut the fuel off at the bottom of the tank. With it shut off, how come it drained into the oil??? Ahhhh, the little shut off valve is not 'shutting off'...!!!

Where can I get a tank shutoff valve??

Prefer a new original but suspect that wont happen.

PJH

·
Administrator
20,838 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
i dont think i have ever looked for a new one, but i wouldnt be to surprised that they are being made. That being said, with rust in the tank as a known issue, and if you are going to replace the original, i think i would just suck it up and pulled the tank and clean it. I built a little jig that holds fuel tanks and rotates them, then i put in some sand and let it "sand blast" the inside. yes you have to blow them out really well when your done, but it works well. I have never used fuel tank sealers because i have not seen one yet that doesnt eventually flake off and then your right back to where you started.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts