Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You guys that have a 72D Auto, does it have a tire guide like it shows in the manual? Mine does not. :dunno:

20180725_131113_LI.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
You guys that have a 72D Auto, does it have a tire guide like it shows in the manual? Mine does not. :dunno:

View attachment 640180
It does. Sound like someone forgot to instal it. It can be set in different locations depending on the tires you have. I also found what the manual stated was not the correct position for my tires.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, so I mentioned it to my salesman, and sent him the pics. He then talked to the Tech. that installed it, and he said that its not compatible with the Mulch Kit. I really don't see how that would make a difference. I told him that I wanted the parts (If true, what if I removed the Mulch Kit.), and he said that might have got thrown away.

The B.S. meter is starting to go off..... :nunu:

Could someone send me a Pic of theirs, so I can see how it mounts?

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Here you go sir.

Two bolts.

I guess I was lucky, the man who did mine at the dealer give the parts they did not use and all the installation manuals for the options.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here you go sir.

Two bolts.

I guess I was lucky, the man who did mine at the dealer give the parts they did not use and all the installation manuals for the options.

Thanks! There's no way that I see that the Mulch Kit inhibits this!

20180725_133925.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Thanks! There's no way that I see that the Mulch Kit inhibits this!

View attachment 640224
I don't have one but yes, I cannot figure out what might end up on this side for a mulch kit.

Plus it is hard enough to get lined up on the deck let alone just judging from the tire on the ramp.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I don't have one but yes, I cannot figure out what might end up on this side for a mulch kit.

Plus it is hard enough to get lined up on the deck let alone just judging from the tire on the ramp.
Yes, having one of those would definitely make my auto-connect attempts go better. Right now I never get things lined up right the first time. Always have to get off and push/pull the deck slightly to line up the draft arms with the 'hooks' on the deck. Wonder if they make one of these for the 60HC?

Rob

·
Registered
12,521 Posts
Here you go sir.

Two bolts.

You been mowing cover crops with that :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
You been mowing cover crops with that :lol:
Um, kind of.:hide:

It just mows what I point it at.:laugh:

Somehow I knew when I was pushing the grass out of the way of the bolt I was going to take grief. Yet I still didn’t brush it out of the photo.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Here you go sir.

Two bolts.

Is that a step on the deck in the photo? Is that standard? Just curious to keep my eyes out on my new unit when it shows up next week. thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here you go sir.

Two bolts.

Could you scan a copy of the install manual for the 72D?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Is that a step on the deck in the photo? Is that standard? Just curious to keep my eyes out on my new unit when it shows up next week. thanks!
No I added that. It’s kind of a reach across the deck and the deck top is always slippery because apparently I don’t clean it often enough. Plus when it’s three steps to the platform it makes me feel like it’s a six series.

Could you scan a copy of the install manual for the 72D?

Thanks!

P.m. me an email address and give me a few days and yes.

·
Registered
12,521 Posts
No I added that. It’s kind of a reach across the deck and the deck top is already slippery because apparently I don’t clean it often enough. Plus when it’s three steps to the platform it makes me feel like it’s a six series.
Add a small ladder and make it a 9 :bigbeer:

:lol:

PS

You're not alone on not cleaning it enough :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I added that. It’s kind of a reach across the deck and the deck top is always slippery because apparently I don’t clean it often enough. Plus when it’s three steps to the platform it makes me feel like it’s a six series.

P.m. me an email address and give me a few days and yes.
P.M. Sent! Thanks.

I complained to my salesman, and it sound like their going to order me one. The only issue that I can see is the front mounting bolt/Plate, but I can't imagine that drilling a hole or two would fix it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I installed the mulch kit on my 72d no issues with the guide bar, they owe you that. No surprise to me as my dealer techs couldn’t figure out how the front bracket went on with my front 3 pt hitch, I had to go put it on myself in their shop, they said they get no training on new models and attachments.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I installed the mulch kit on my 72d no issues with the guide bar, they owe you that. No surprise to me as my dealer techs couldn’t figure out how the front bracket went on with my front 3 pt hitch, I had to go put it on myself in their shop, they said they get no training on new models and attachments.
So, the only thing I could see from that parts list, is that the bolt might be too short to go through the Deck and the Guide Plate. Okay, so get a longer bolt...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mine does and I consider it a must! It can determine a "go" or "no-go" in terms of a successful connect. There isnt a lot of wiggle room to work with.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He got back to me, and they have one on order. I think maybe the were trying to cover up that they thrown it away. :nunu:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, I got it install, and it really helps out. The only issue with it, is one of the Mulch Guards had a stud that stick through the deck, and it was too short to go through the guide bracket. It was just a bolt tact on, so I ground it off and put a longer bolt through, problem solved.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts