Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 3033R cab tractor with loader and quick attach 72D mower deck.

After fighting it for a couple hours I finally got it off. The left side fought me the whole way getting it off.
After putting it back on it seems I am having issues with the same side that fought me so hard to get it to let go.
Now doesn't want to stay hooked up where it is supposed to.

Anyone else fight with taking there quick attach mower decks off.

I have watched multiple videos read the manual. Just not sure what to try next.
May have to take it into the dealer.

Problem seems to be in the left side flip latch it didn't want to let go and now doesn't seem to want to stay hooked.
At the moment my mower deck is sagging down on the left side.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
its not adjusted right. Not sure how to adjust it myself but someone should be along shortly. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had my 72D for my 2032R back to the dealer 3 times for setup issues and it still isn't perfect. My next step is to get the setup instructions and do it myself.

One thing that stands out from your post is saying the latches aren't secure once it's mounted; there are a pair of pins that prevent the latches from flipping forward that are supposed to be inserted in the lift arms once the deck is attached. My dealer did not provide these initially, and I had to go back and ask for them. Also make sure you got the pin that secures the mid PTO coupler up to the lift arm for when the mower is not attached, this prevents it from catching on everything you drive over, I had to ask for that pin too.

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
It sounds like the front arms need to be set a hair longer. Maybe 1 or 2 flats on the nuts on the front arm adjusters. That is why they don’t want to release and they cannot stretch quite far enough to latch.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I can take a look at the adjustment.
Not sure where to start adjusting.

The 1 time I finally got it off the tractor, I had to jack up the tail of the tractor push and pull around on the deck to finally flip the right side latch forward.
There was some sort of pin in one of the arms that is hammered in apparently to prevent the levers from flipping forward ? last night I jacked up the back of the tractor again and was getting so close to getting it to lock. Just not quite there.

Anyway that was what the major hold up on the left side was, once I hammered it back out toward me, I could then flip that lever and back off.
This is now the same side I cant get to latch back. That lever wont quite flip back into place all the way which tends to let the deck droop and float around on the left side.
everything seems to pushed back as far as it will go, that lever just wont quote drop back in to locked position.

The dang thing just makes me crazy.
This is really the main reason I bought my 3039R, there doesn't seem to be much quick or easy about this quick attach stuff. I think I would rather have some good old fashioned pins and bolts. The 3039 is setup with the loader and ready to go with the other attachments and if I ever get this deck back on this 3033R I don't plan to take it off again anytime soon.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You should not have had to hammer any pins, they should pull out with little effort. Can you post a picture of the pin that gave you the trouble and where it was installed in relation to the latch?

·
Registered
129 Posts
If this is a new machine and deck I would be on the phone with the dealer to come and adjust it properly. I have the 72D as well and it goes on and off super easy, most i have to do is jiggle the deck alittle to flip the latch. Pretty sure i would have been on the phone after a half hour of messing with it. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should not have had to hammer any pins, they should pull out with little effort. Can you post a picture of the pin that gave you the trouble and where it was installed in relation to the latch?
Thanks.

I will see about getting a pic of the pin I am referring too.

I did finally get it back on and knocked that pin back in so, fingers crossed the dang thing stays hooked in place this time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If this is a new machine and deck I would be on the phone with the dealer to come and adjust it properly. I have the 72D as well and it goes on and off super easy, most i have to do is jiggle the deck alittle to flip the latch. Pretty sure i would have been on the phone after a half hour of messing with it. Good luck to you.
For some reason I wasn't thinking setup was a likely a warranty thing. I also have been having to use it every few days with all rains we have been getting this past couple months. I hated to have it setting at the dealership for couple weeks or something.

You are right though. I agree there must be something wrong with the setup, I never see or here of anyone else having to jack up the back of the tractor off the ground to get those levers to release or to lock back in for that matter. That's how I got it to lock back in on the problem side. Jacked up the back end and took a pry bar and jammed the deck backwards till it locked back into place.

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
It sounds like the front arms need to be set a hair longer. Maybe 1 or 2 flats on the nuts on the front arm adjusters. That is why they don’t want to release and they cannot stretch quite far enough to latch.
If you have to jack the tractor up at the back you might want to think about extending the front arms 2 or 3 full turns to start. From everything I am reading here that is the problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Last night while i was installing my deck this thread came to mind. I am sure you did but just thought i would through it out there. Did you rotate the cut height selection knob to "0" and did you release the anti-scalping wheel pins so the deck is flat on the ground and not on the wheels???

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last night while i was installing my deck this thread came to mind. I am sure you did but just thought i would through it out there. Did you rotate the cut height selection knob to "0" and did you release the anti-scalping wheel pins so the deck is flat on the ground and not on the wheels???
Yes for releasing the scalp wheels, yes sort of on the other thing. That rotating nob found on X7's , 1 and 2 series to adjust the cut height, is different on a 3 series where the cut height controlled by a somewhat odd metal plate with holes in it that slides in and out and based on where you place the pin it, in regards to which hole in the plate, will dictate the cut height you get from the deck.

So in the case of removing or attaching the 72D I take the lock pin out all together and slide the plate all the way in so that the deck lowers all the way flat on the ground.
Pretty much the same as turning that nob on the 1 or 2 series machines.

Spoke with my dealer when I was dropping off the 345 and Z997R yesterday and they are going to look into the setup on the 3033Rs quick connect deck. At the moment I have deck back on and back in its proper place, so I told them I would bring it in after the mowing season was over have it serviced and any warranty items including readjusting the mower deck setup. He said was with the service tech when they tested it prior to delivery, but totally agreed that I should not have that sort of trouble with taking that deck on and off, and jacking up the back end meant it was very likely in need of some additional adjustment.
Sounds like they will take care of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts