Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '~'73 1020 is getting ready to hit the road to the next owner, and about the only thing I can say is they are getting a MUCH better tractor than the one I have fixed up. One of the last things I had to do was rebuild the fuel pump. While installing the pump, apparently I rolled the leading seal between the pump and the drive gear shaft.

In the repair manual during reassembly, it shows Roosa-Master tool 13369 as a seal installer and a Roosa-Master 13371 (JD256) seal compressor (page 91-20-3). I would like to seek the advise of others to see of there's an alternative, effective method to compress the seals, of if perhaps someone on the forum had these tools I could beg/borrow/rent and return.

It also mentions using a product called lubriplate on the seals. A google search shows that to be a brand of lubricants not a specific product. Which product would you think is the most suitable, or is there another off the shelf product that would work?

TIA!
1.png

0.png

Reactions: em14 and BigJim55

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm looking in tech manual and don't see what your seeing about a tool to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking in tech manual and don't see what your seeing about a tool to install.
Scroll down to about page 31, where you should see the 91-20-3 in the page header.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
12,242 Posts
I remember the tool. Looks like a pair of tweezers but with a round end to compress the seal. I don't recall a work around for it but I'm sure that some of the guys on here will have one. I think the "lubriplate" they are referring to is white grease. It used to come in several size containers from tubes to large cans.

This isn't meant to be a smart a$$ remark, but I have sent people to the drug store for a tube of K-Y jelly to lubricate seals for assembly. It works well.

Reactions: 56Nine
1 - 5 of 5 Posts