Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with cold start up.this thing will turn over forever before it starts up in the cold,and then when it starts it will spit and spudder,and then it's ok after that.i would think fuel injection would start right up and run very smooth.what would cause this,and is anyone else having this problem.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
What have you tried? Have you tried to cycle the glow plugs several times? Is your fuel treated for winter temps. Check the simple things first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
How old is the machine? When was the last time you ran carb cleaner through it? When was the last time you changed the spark plugs and wires? Air filter? How old is the gas?

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
No glow plugs it's gas
Sorry about that. How old is the gas and do you treat it with anything like stable? I'm wondering if you are still having a fuel issue. Do you keep the fuel tank full all the time? If the tank is not full at creates a good environment for condensation. With the constant cooling and warming the water will condense out and freeze possibly plugging a fuel line.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having an issue with cold start up.this thing will turn over forever before it starts up in the cold,and then when it starts it will spit and spudder,and then it's ok after that.i would think fuel injection would start right up and run very smooth.what would cause this,and is anyone else having this problem.
My X720 acts about the same in the cold. I throttle up to 1/2 - 3/4 throttle, turn the key until the fuel pump quits, then crank 'er up. Yes, I think it should start faster but I think these Kawasaki engines are just that way. It never fails to start and run though. If you think it's a problem, take it back to the dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The engines run very lean to meet regulations. Even though they are EFI they still stumble and cough when cold, my X728 did the same thing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I called the dealer,they are picking it up next week.this thing is brand new I would think it would start right up,that's how fuel injection works.if this is normal then I want my carb back.i payed 600 dollars for this thing to start right up,not sit there and listen to it crank and crank and crank over.i will keep you up to date,when I get it back

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been doing a cold start every morning this week,the tractor takes 5 to 6 seconds everytime to start.if this is normal,then it does not act like any efi that I have had.it acts more like a carb engine.this engine should start right when you hit that key.im going to call kawaski this week and talk to them,before the dealer takes it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer had a chance to check it out,and said the same thing as Adamq had said
The engines run very lean to meet regulations. Even though they are EFI they still stumble and cough when cold, my X728 did the same thing.They said in the cold this is normal behavior for these machines.im just so glad there is nothing wrong,this is a great running machine it really blows the snow.i hope to have it for the next twenty years.i do hate the soft cab I got from john Deere for 650 dollars it's just cheap,and I hate it.so this year I'll be looking at other options.does anyone know where I can find a used hard cab to fit the x730.

·
Registered
338 Posts
slickzone, glad to here there is nothing wrong with it. The X575 I picked up in December is kind of cold blooded as well, but since it has a carb, I can hold the choke on, but I have to hold it for a while it seems. It runs really well, like my X728 did.

Good luck with the cab, I am contemplating getting one for one of my tractors, I need to measure the height to see if it will get in my garage.

Adam

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
cold blooded

My X738 is the same, turns over quite a few times then takes forever to warm up and spits black soot all over the 47" snowblower, and I do use sea foam, regular gas even tried high test, same results. You are right, my husky with a carb starts instantly. I start it mid throttle inside my garage and WOW, hold your breath until it moves out! My tractor has around 25 hours on it and it has done this since brand new. I changed the spark plugs the first week, no change, checked the air cleaner too.. All good, just a cold blooded beast. But I love it just the same! Jeff

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey adamq if you get the same cab I have,you will have to mod the top of the cab I had to it would not fit into the garage.i would never buy this cab again,I wish I could return it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes they do like there gas,but I love this machine.im sure glad it's in my garage.i did some mods on the cab last week,and things are SO much better now.its a shame we have to do this on a 600 dollar cab,but no more snow insaide the cab:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
Yes they do like there gas,but I love this machine.im sure glad it's in my garage.i did some mods on the cab last week,and things are SO much better now.its a shame we have to do this on a 600 dollar cab,but no more snow insaide the cab:thumbup1gif:
SLICKZONE ; do u happen to have any pics. of ur cab that u don't like. I don't think I have ever seen one before that ur talking about, thanks big jim

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you decide to get rid of it, I may be interested in it for my X575. There was a thread that someone put that style cab on an older X series tractor. I don't need it perfect, just enough to keep some snow and wind off of me because I have open farm fields all around me, so nothing to stop the wind except me!

Adam

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I spent a whole day last week modding the cab,I still have more to do but for now it's much better.i just can't believe you have to spend all that time modding a brand new cab.what the hell is wrong with these cab makers.this thing cost me 650.00 dollars.it should at least keep the snow out.i wish I could order the hard cab,but I need to order my bagging system first,I need that bagger.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts