Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
20,880 Posts
On the 730's slightly smaller and older brothers, there's two large drain plugs on the bottom of the tractor and a horizontal plug on the first reduction gear housing to the left and below the clutch pulley as you look at it. As far as filling it, I plan on removing the shifter tower. I'm not sure how I'm going to get the 2 quarts into the first reduction housing yet. I do have the clutch pulley off so it'll be really easy, but you don't pull the clutch for normal service.....Hmmm.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
On the 730's slightly smaller and older brothers, there's two large drain plugs on the bottom of the tractor and a horizontal plug on the first reduction gear housing to the left and below the clutch pulley as you look at it. As far as filling it, I plan on removing the shifter tower. I'm not sure how I'm going to get the 2 quarts into the first reduction housing yet. I do have the clutch pulley off so it'll be really easy, but you don't pull the clutch for normal service.....Hmmm.
Diesel, there should be a smaller fill plug for the reduction gear. Should be a lil to the rear of the crankcase filler cap. At least that's where it's located on the 70. It's a square shaped plug. Just use a small funnel or a tube to fill.

Reactions: dieselshadow

·
Administrator
20,880 Posts
Diesel, there should be a smaller fill plug for the reduction gear. Should be a lil to the rear of the crankcase filler cap. At least that's where it's located on the 70. It's a square shaped plug. Just use a small funnel or a tube to fill.
Good call! :thumbup1gif:

Here's a pic of the similar plug on the 60

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376579625.236920.jpg

·
Administrator
20,880 Posts
Here's a pic of the trans fill plug on the rockshaft housing on the 60, should be similar on the 730 I'm thinking.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376580297.887291.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts