Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
So we have a JD 6715 with a 740 Classic Loader. Basically the boom has split/cracked the entire length of the seem where the box tubing is welded together underneath where the stands get pinned up. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures, I didn't think to take any while I was at work today. But I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems similar to this. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to post any pictures either because we are going to try and get the dealership to look at it tomorrow and if that doesn't work out we're sending it off to the welding shop and I'm not working tomorrow so I may not get any pictures before it gets fixed.
-Isagani

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
You are correct, pictures would be a huge help on this. But, if you can't we will have to make do. I myself have not seen something like this. Please keep us up to date.

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Welcome to DT...

I have not heard of this either-but it sounds like a fairly simply repair for a welding shop.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Isagani,
There are no service bulletins for this problem on this loader. We have a lot of those units in the field with no problems reported. How are you using the loader? How many hours on machine?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Old post... wonder how the problem was resolved? Could have been a bad welding seam from the manufacturer.

If it was abuse; I'd have imagined that other components (boom or curl cylinders, etc.) would have failed or noted operating problems as well.

AKfish

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey,
Thanks for all the replies. I didn't realize there were so many, so I apologize for my delay in responding. Basically we took it back to the dealer and they had a rep take a look at it. The dealer ended up welding it back together, I don't know if we were charged for that or not, that's not really my business at the farm. But I think it got welded maybe two weeks ago and looking at it yesterday one of the welds is already cracking again. I really don't think it's abuse because all we've used if for lately is to lift bags of fertilizer to load our spreader and it's been used to load our mixer wagon other than that the loader hasn't been used much. Also, yesterday when one of the other workers opened the door to get out the hinge broke and luckily he caught the door so it didn't fall to the ground and break, but I'm seriously wondering about the quality of John Deere's products right now. If there are more updates about what's going on I'll try to keep posting and see if I can get some pictures.
-Isagani

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Thanks for the update. You are definitely having some strange failures on this machine. We have had a lot of broken doors and rear windows, but, very few broken hinges (I assume it was the bottom door hinge). Please keep us posted on the loader issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was the bottom hinge, you're correct and luckily he caught it and didn't fall out. Usually I just come charging out the door and I probably would have taken a good digger into the pavement if it was me operating it at the time. As of now no current updates on the loader, but I have a strong feeling that it is just going to fail in the same manner, since I already think it's starting.
-Isagani

1 - 8 of 8 Posts