Green Tractor Talk banner

740 Classic Loader problems

6358 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  isagani
Hey,
So we have a JD 6715 with a 740 Classic Loader. Basically the boom has split/cracked the entire length of the seem where the box tubing is welded together underneath where the stands get pinned up. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures, I didn't think to take any while I was at work today. But I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems similar to this. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to post any pictures either because we are going to try and get the dealership to look at it tomorrow and if that doesn't work out we're sending it off to the welding shop and I'm not working tomorrow so I may not get any pictures before it gets fixed.
-Isagani
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Isagani,
There are no service bulletins for this problem on this loader. We have a lot of those units in the field with no problems reported. How are you using the loader? How many hours on machine?
Thanks for the update. You are definitely having some strange failures on this machine. We have had a lot of broken doors and rear windows, but, very few broken hinges (I assume it was the bottom door hinge). Please keep us posted on the loader issue.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.