Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD 750 4wd that needs a new 4wd gear (CH14959). Deere says NLA, any help would be appreciated, thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
We have a great GTT supporting vendor. I would give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Green Farm Parts

Good luck with your hunt.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Do you have their contact info?
Yes, click on the link in my previous post and it will take you right to their website.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JD 750 4wd gear

Green Farm Parts says NLA just like all of the other JD dealers. Anyone parting out a 650 or 750? Any recommended salvage yards? Anyone have a new gear made? All help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Green Farm Parts says NLA just like all of the other JD dealers. Anyone parting out a 650 or 750? Any recommended salvage yards? Anyone have a new gear made? All help is appreciated, thanks.
So, you actually called them?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I would be real cautious about trying to reverse engineer the gear and have a machine shop try to make one. If you could get the print from Deere any one of a half dozen machine shops I've dealt with in the last 30+ years could make one for you, but making a single gear is not cheap! Mitsubishi put a "Gear producing program" in their better wire EDM machines that can be easily programmed to make gears and splined bores without having to be hard tooled, namely no special hobs, gear shavers, spindles, mandrels, broach bars, etc. Print should also have heat treat spec's on it, what needs to be hardened and how hard and what kind of heat treat process. You will need spec's like pitch diameter, pressure angle, as well as overall diameter. The Machinist Handbook has entire chapters dedicated to gears. Takes special equipment to check gears too. I would not trust trying to copy a worn-out gear to make your new gear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much to everyone on this site for their help. For future reference, Dengler Tractor in Middletown Ohio has brand new gear sets available CH14959 and CH14962. Their phone number is 513-571-3360.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Thanks so much to everyone on this site for their help. For future reference, Dengler Tractor in Middletown Ohio has brand new gear sets available CH14959 and CH14962. Their phone number is 513-571-3360.
Thank you for the follow up. This is great information. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts