Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I'm new to Green Tractor Talk. Had my 755 a few years, and now the PTO is always on. any body seen this before?
thinking over ride under seat is on all the time? That would do it.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
On a typical garden tractor, if the bearing in the electric PTO clutch goes bad,, the PTO will be "on" all the time,,

you probably need to look at the PTO clutch

·
Registered
395 Posts
Dave,

I am not sure what you mean necessarily, when you say that the PTO is always on. Will the tractor start with the PTO engaged? If you switch the PTO selector from the reat to mid position, is it still engaged?

Based on the Owner's Manual, there seems to be several steps that need to be taken to operate the Stationary PTO. You have to lock the brakes, place the transmission in neutral, flip the seat forward and then pull up the seat switch.

Can you provide more information on the different conditions that are in place when the PTO is engaged?

Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good evening,

Mid PTO or Rear PTO? I’m assuming you have checked the electromagnet on the PTO lever on the left of the “dash” and it (as well as the lever) is in the position closest to the operator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave,

I am not sure what you mean necessarily, when you say that the PTO is always on. Will the tractor start with the PTO engaged? If you switch the PTO selector from the reat to mid position, is it still engaged?

Based on the Owner's Manual, there seems to be several steps that need to be taken to operate the Stationary PTO. You have to lock the brakes, place the transmission in neutral, flip the seat forward and then pull up the seat switch.

Can you provide more information on the different conditions that are in place when the PTO is engaged?

Dave
Yes, engine starts with PTO engaged even though the PTO is in the off position.

The PTO is running whether I have it in the rear or middle position selected. I have to turn off engine to change PTO selections.

There is no OVER RIDE position on the seat switch on this tractor.

It sounds like PTO clutch bearing being bad may be the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts