Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all ! My father just passed and he was a Deere mechanic so I’m on my own now... I need to replace the pulley attached to the belt tensioner. The bolt on pulley spins, nothing to hold on bottom. And bolt holding bracket on is also spinning.. is there a way to hold the bracket bolt from bottom side of the deck? Didn’t have time to hoist mower up, baby ( 6 mo. old) needed dinner so I ran outta time... also not sure if that pulley is different than the other idlers, before I order one.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Looking at the diagram for the 60 and 54" deck it looks like there is a nut on the bolt. Its probably just hidden in there. You'll need to get a wrench on it and hold it steady while you take the bolt out.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think it’s got that stupid square on it like a carriage bolt ? Maybe I gotta keep it pushed up into the deck then spin it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,078 Posts
What deck are we talking about???

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,078 Posts
I assume # 10?

60 Deck.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,078 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So that push nut should be on the bottom side of deck .... I’ll check it out after I get out of work today

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apparently there is flats on the idler pulley but that bracket has to come off first anyway. The push bolts are such a pain in the ass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts