Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of mowing a couple of nights ago, the deck shut off on me and now I get nothing when I pull up the PTO switch. I tested the switch with a voltmeter and it seems to be fine. The clutch was replaced a couple of years ago. All connections are clean. The fuse under the seat is brand new. Battery has 12.7 volts. The mower starts and runs normal but like I said, nothing happens when I pull up the PTO switch. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
Are you getting power at the pto clutch? Could it be a bad pto coil ground? Open pto coil? Some easy checks with a DVOM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I seem to have fixed the issue with my PTO not engaging. The electrical connection that is on the wire that goes from the switch to the clutch was loose. Anyways, I had another question that I forgot to put in the main post: I have been reading around and it seems these machines have an issue with oil leaking. Mine has had a leak for what seems like forever now. I've tried using engine oil stop leak and changing the o-ring that sits behind the oil cooler but nothing seems to work. Anyone know exactly where the oil leaks from on the 757's?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The 737/757 series of zero turns were in my opinion some of the best. With one exception. Grass from the back of the deck blows up and gets sucked into the engine. Once that happens it restricts the cooling. When these engines get hot the seals and gaskets will start to leak. Now we have a situation of debris and oil. It begins to clog the cooling fins and gets worse and worse.
After that it will blow head gaskets and the valve guides in the cylinder heads will move out of position due to valves sticking. Push rods bend due to stuck valves. If its leaking oil get it fixed. I would recommend an engine removal, tear down, clean and reseal the entire engine.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts