Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just signed up because up until today I haven't had any issues with my new to me JD 770 I bought about a year ago. Right now it has around 1950 hours on it and today while I was using it the hydraulics controlling the up and down stopped working but the bucket would still curl. The 3 point up and down also stopped working. When I pull back on the bucket joystick it almost acts like it stuck in place. I can see the hoses moving like they are trying to work put wont move.

I have done some reading on here and other forums and it sounds like it might be the SCV, which I heard is expensive. Is there any way to test whether its the SCV or another issue? Anything else I should look at before jumping to that? Maybe the hydraulic filter is plugged?

The hydraulic fluid was a bit low when I checked, just below the bottom edge of the the hashed mark on the dipstick, I put some in and brought it up to the middle of the hash marks but it didn't do any good.

I have changed the oil in the tractor but really not much else since we bought it and I have intended to get a manual for it but because I haven't had any issues until now I haven't felt the need to really.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
Do your hoses have quick couplers/connectors? It sounds like they are not letting the hydraulic fluid flow. Try uncoupling and recoupling them.

Reactions: MSUFW07

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Retrace your steps.
Did you recently change, remove, disconnect, or reconnect anything?

Reactions: MSUFW07

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zebra was right. I looked everything over when I noticed things weren't working but must have not looked at the quick couplers close enough because one of them had pulled apart. It was back enough that it wasn't connecting but not far enough to be noticeable. I ended up having to replace with because it wouldn't snap back together, I think I got something wedged into the ring.

Got it back up and moving.

Thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts