Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1989 770
15 Posts
Right now my plan is to bend my own hard lines. I have the tooling to flare them. I have some cheap benders that should work to bend it and I've also designed a nice bender in CAD that I am 3d-printing just as an experiment. I've ordered everything I need from www.discounthydraulichose.com for about $250 except the 1/2" steel tubing. I can't seem to find that anywhere. Anyone got any leads on that they can share?

Font Jewellery Chain Auto part Pattern

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't believe the tubing is 1/2" OD but rather 12mm OD. At least that is what I measure on my hard lines, less paint of course. After all, the tractors are made in Japan by Yanmar so being metric makes sense.

·
Registered
1989 770
15 Posts
I don't believe the tubing is 1/2" OD but rather 12mm OD. At least that is what I measure on my hard lines, less paint of course. After all, the tractors are made in Japan by Yanmar so being metric makes sense.
It doesn't matter. All the fittings I bought are 1/2. That's all that matters.

The ports are 3/4 though. It says right on the JD banjo bolts I bought.

·
Registered
1989 770
15 Posts
I got tubing from McMaster as well as all my fittings from discounthydraulichose.com today. I've run into several issues right off the bat:

1. My plastic bender made one perfect bend and then broke. I guess I'll revert back to my tried and proven tooling for bending in the future. Fun experiment regardless.
2. My FEL quick connects say 3/8 on them, so I assumed they were 3/8. But after receiving them in the mail I've realized that the quick disconnects on my tractor are 1/4, not 3/8. I have no clue why they say 3/8 on them.
3. I ordered JD banjo bolts by application before ordering any other fittings just to make sure I had the right size. They literally say 3/4 on them and the dia of the bolt is .75", but the 3/4 banjo fittings I received to match them are GROSSLY oversized. What's even weird is that the dia of the hole is 1". So I apparently don't know how banjo fittings are measured. Any guidance there? I thought maybe JD measured dia. and the rest of the world measures radius, but that doesn't make sense because then the hole in the fittings I ordered would be 1.5", not 1".

Household hardware Gas Audio equipment Auto part Metal

·
Registered
1989 770
15 Posts
After speaking to discounthydraulichose.com, the confusion is apparently that the banjo fittings I ordered are British sizes and apparently 3/4" fitting in Britain are 1". So I'm returning it all, but the problem is that they don't stock actual 3/4" fittings and I can't find anyone that does. If anyone had leads on how to get from JD's 3/4" banjo to JIC it would be appreciated.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts