A couple of years ago, I tried building a set of stabilizers, using the stock mounting points and holes. They were too short- not enough holes for satisfactory adjustment. Because of how short they were, there was also an extreme amount of leverage imposed on them. I wasn't satisfied, and I went back to turnbuckles.
I hate them, of course. I finally took a day off from building, and tried again. I build a bracket for mounting on the lift arm shaft, and I welded tabs on the lift arms, to move the mounting point further back. This gave me plenty of length, but it also gets the mounting points close to the tires. I believe that they'll work fine, but they wouldn't if I had R4's or turfs.