Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
according to Tim the 8" is a good size bucket to use....I'm thinking of the BXpanded trencher but may consider the 8" as well. Is there another market for these...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
according to Tim the 8" is a good size bucket to use....I'm thinking of the BXpanded trencher but may consider the 8" as well. Is there another market for these...
I don’t understand the question, “is there another market for these” (?). Otherwise the rest of your post is just a statement...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
With a 'do over', I would likely try the bxpanded trencher bucket.
I love a narrow bucket like the 8". ...but in anything less than perfect conditions, it packs with mud.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my question on market is clarified as follows...been buying BXpanded and they show a trencher bucket...but wanted to know if there was another market....I don't see Deere offering any smaller nor do I see any with Titan to fit the 260. I suppose as Tim says just use the trencher bucket where ever....

·
Super Moderator
2,609 Posts
Haven't done a ton of searching, but the only ones I've heard of are the JD 8", 12", 16" and the BXpanded 6".

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay....per search the John Deere 8" bucket is LVB24975.....now having said that I was trying to get opinions concerning this vs the BX trencher bucket. My money manager says one or the other but not both. I'm leaning to get the smaller 8" taking off Tim's comments....have nothing against BX as I'm also ordering 2 items from them...I try to make my post clear...if anyone has had comparative use of the two I would appreciate it...my thinking is I could use the 8" for tighter use and also trenching....but input very much appreciated....tks Chuck

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
my question on market is clarified as follows...been buying BXpanded and they show a trencher bucket...but wanted to know if there was another market....I don't see Deere offering any smaller nor do I see any with Titan to fit the 260. I suppose as Tim says just use the trencher bucket where ever....
I think we grasp the question. ...but I think none of us has experience with both.

I know of one guy who has toyed with the idea of marketing buckets for the 260/270/b backhoes, but to my knowledge, he has not yet followed through.

Sorry we can't help.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
So Tim the reference you had was the experience with BXpanded bucket?
No. I have used the 8" bucket extensively. I love the narrow trench, and it will dig in hard soil nicely. However, in mud, it cakes up in the bucket. You can see it in our videos.

I have NOT used the bxpanded...but would like to try it. It doesn't have sidewalls, so perhaps it wouldn't fill up so easily.

Tim

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tim: I took your advise...our local JD had one of the 8" in stock and I bought the quick hitch and ripper from Ryan....I think this will service my needs...really like your videos and advise...best Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
You want to know if there are any other commercial options for narrow buckets or trenching? Yes I think we understand your questions now. As others have said, not that we are aware of-sorry.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I have only used a 12 inch bucket and don't mind the width but it almost looks like a six inch bucket would have you dragging the sides of the dipper stick through the trench walls?

Maybe clever modification of sorts to the eight inch bucket would be an improvement for ejection?

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I conferred with Ryan at Bxpanded for about 15 minutes on the subject of his trenching bucket and the John Deere 8". I think his trenching bucket is great for deeper use....I'm not going to do a lot of deep digging but wanted enough to work around stumps and the like..I think Ryan's bucket would be great for water lines and foundation work...it may work on roots.... I think when I get some more mad money I'll also buy the trenching bucket....got this hoe for my own use but who knows might pick up some retirement spending money....I can say that Ryan is super to work with and knows his stuff...bought two items from him....

·
Registered
143 Posts
What your digging into seems to be a significant factor. I have a JD 8", & 12" for mine. I use the 8" the most. However, my ground is pretty hard. Mostly shale, very little "dirt". I've dug multiple trenches with it, longest one 300'.

The only time I've used the 12" recently was, about a year ago, when digging a French drain for a buddy with soft, clayish soil. Wanted a little bigger, & his ground was soft enough I could dig easily with the 12.

I bought the 8" for ease of digging, & specifically for trenching. Money well spent in my case.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the 16" bucket and was looking at the BXpanded 6" after seeing Tim having issues with it. Hopefully the 6" isn't as bad, but I have seen people having issues with it as well with clogging.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Later this spring I will be buying the 6" BX bucket and maybe the quick attach system, I currently have the 12" bucket. I have about 400 feet of trenching to do and the smaller the trench to fill in the better, I don't need a 1 foot wide trench for a 1 inch water line.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts