Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made their own cargo box side extensions for a 825i? I made some for my 4x6 gator out of some leftover material and have worked good. Would like to do something similar to the 825i or any aftermarket ideas? Or have the john deere kit and their options about it?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Snow Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A trailer might be an option yet. With the 6x4 I can get 2 rows of 18 inch firewood level with the sides and is just right for filling the wood boiler. With the 825i and no sides I am having wood fall off the sides trying to get the same amount on it. The firewood is the heaviest thing I do with it. Would also like the added volume for mulch, leaves, sticks and branches.

·
Registered
26,396 Posts
I would not do it as that would tempt me to overload the bed. Money would be better spent on a small two wheel trailer.
I agree. I know I have a different machine (590M) but my load capacity is only 500#. I wouldn’t want to regularly haul even close to that much - suspension parts are expensive.

I regularly drool over little trailers and wagons designed for ATV/UTV. Many have dump beds.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use a small trailer behind my Gator (and JD riding mower). You can see what I started out with, and what I ended up with. For a guy who has never done anything like this before, I was pretty pleased. I don't do much heavy work with mine. If you're hauling a lot, you might need a beefier trailer.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Bumper

·
Registered
16 Posts
I made brackets from angle iron and flat metal for a small flat bed tilt trailer so I could bolt on 2x12s for hauling dirt or rock. I welded them on but it looks like the bed on the gator is made of plastic?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made brackets from angle iron and flat metal for a small flat bed tilt trailer so I could bolt on 2x12s for hauling dirt or rock. I welded them on but it looks like the bed on the gator is made of plastic?
The bed is metal the sides are plastic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts