Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone having the throttle arm on their JD 825i coming apart? The highlighted in the drawing is coming off what looks like a bearing. It easily (a little to easily) pressed back on by hand. It was still attached to the throttle cable. The other half was still on the throttle body.

Also what keeps it on the throttle body? I could not tell from JDparts.

My friend took me for ride in his 825i and it stopped and throttle pedal had no response. We lifted the bed and found the throttle arm had come apart. We were able to put it back on and drive home :good2:

For the JD techs, is there a Service Bulletin(s) on this?

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
I’ve got a co worker with one and the exact same thing happens but I don’t have a solution. It does just seem to snap in.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did see in JD parts the P/N has changed. Maybe revised part? Seems like if it took revising the part to fix a THROTTLE (think safety) problem, there would be a Service Bulletin or recall. :dunno:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Small world, but my work is land surveying. My co-worker owns a Gator and we use it for work and pay him by the day for the use of the Gator. We had a job pop up and we will be using it later today. With his it usually doesn't pop off unless you are going full throttle and then let off the throttle suddenly.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll try Loctite for him and if it comes apart again, tell him to buy the new part, it's $25:mocking:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Interesting, I have been around these boards for about 6 or 7 years. This is the first I have read about it.

I will definitely keep a keen eye open on the boards and my own 825i, which I have zero issues with this.

·
Registered
600 Posts
We used my coworkers a Gator all day today and the cable popped off about 5 times. We did three things. In the diagram above the bracket labeled #7 was missing a screw and the other was loose. We fixed this. We also tightened up the cable, it had a lot obf slack. We also used some loctite form a gasket on it. Seemed to help a lot.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I asked the neighboring farmer that has a 2011 825i with over 13,000 miles if he had any trouble with his. He said he did and had the throttle arm replaced. He had the dealer repair his. I looked at his throttle arm. It looks like they reversed how the lower section of the arm attaches to the bearing on the upper section.

Instead of the lower section being pressed on the bearing that is on the upper section, it looks like the bearing is put into the lower arm , then attached to the upper section so the lower arm can not come off. The original lower arm has a counter bore that goes over a small bearing on the upper arm. I am guessing a press fit. I am guessing engine heat causes the aluminum arm to expand enough to slip off. :dunno: The new P/N has the counter bore reversed. So the arm can not fall off.

I still plan to Loctite the lower arm to the bearing, before buying the new arm.

I really think JD should do a recall and replace the throttle arm at no cost.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting, I have been around these boards for about 6 or 7 years. This is the first I have read about it.

I will definitely keep a keen eye open on the boards and my own 825i, which I have zero issues with this.
Maybe you have the newer arm? :dunno:

I think I'll try Loctite for him and if it comes apart again, tell him to buy the new part, it's $25:mocking:
I brought Loctite over and his son was there and he did the actual job. He cleaned everything first with carb cleaner, then put it back together with Loctite and told his Dad to let it cure over night.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
after reading this I just went and checked this and my 2015 825i appears to have the newer arm fwiw
Good idea, have to check mine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts