Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
you can get them from the factory when you get a new unit. see your deere dealer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No oem

you can get them from the factory when you get a new unit. see your deere dealer.
Thank you for the suggestion but, I work for a John Deere dealer and you cannot get turf tires for an xuv825i. I even called Deere parts help and they have no clue where to get them. These tires are 26x9-12 (front) and 26x11-12 (rear). I need a very non-aggressive set for baseball fields, etc.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Thank you for the suggestion but, I work for a John Deere dealer and you cannot get turf tires for an xuv825i. I even called Deere parts help and they have no clue where to get them. These tires are 26x9-12 (front) and 26x11-12 (rear). I need a very non-aggressive set for baseball fields, etc.

what? in the features it says you can get turfs. the city of bloomington has a nice 625i they use to patrol the sidewalks. it has turfs...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what? in the features it says you can get turfs. the city of bloomington has a nice 625i they use to patrol the sidewalks. it has turfs...
Yeah, I presume you are speaking of the Terra Hawk AT tires. Deere calls them a "low turf impact tire", and they are much more like turf tires than the other (2) options. However, I am needing a tire more like that of a golf cart or the even the style like a "turf saver".

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Yeah, I presume you are speaking of the Terra Hawk AT tires. Deere calls them a "low turf impact tire", and they are much more like turf tires than the other (2) options. However, I am needing a tire more like that of a golf cart or the even the style like a "turf saver".
try miller tire and see if they have a carlisle turf saver that will fit your rims.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,947 Posts
How about checking the web sites of some of the other companies selling side by sides.. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
what about some old car tires from the tire store? just take in your rims and say ' hey, i need something for these. i doesnt need to be fancy, it just needs to hold air.' thats what i did when i needed a new tire for an old wagon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about checking the web sites of some of the other companies selling side by sides.. :dunno:
I have looked at a couple. Think what we're gonna do is just drop an inch down to 25x9x12 and 25x11x12. It's not that big of a difference and these turfs are readily available. Thanks for the help and suggestions! :thumbup1gif::usa

·
Registered
301 Posts
The only thing I could come up with was dropping down an inch in overall height to 25's and going with the Carlisle All Trails... which shouldn't hurt you being lower, other than the speedometer being off.

The Carlstar Group

The All Trails may still be too aggressive for your application...

The next best thing would be to jump up in rim sizes so you could look at P series car/truck tires, but finding the right bolt pattern and offset in a 14 or 15" rim could be challenging, but probably not impossible.

This is another wild and crazy suggestion... could you look around for a set of stock tires that are all but wore out and carve them up with a tire groover for a less aggressive lug pattern?

Lastly, you could go to 26x12-12 turfs if you could get the same rim width front and back so that the ballooning effect would be the same. ie narrow rim up front would produce a taller tire than the wider rim on the back using the same size tire in both locations.... I don't know if the back rim would have the proper offset to clear the calipers on the front hub, but if it did, you could buy two additional back rims to mount on the front end (keeping the same overall height). Although they'd probably rub pretty bad...

I need to type quicker...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts