Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 8295R (first 2 of last six of serial number is "09") and pulling a root plow. No prior problems. Have Upper limit and set point programmed. Moving forward, I notice the 3 point hitch lowering by itself. I can stop the bleed down by constantly adjusting the Rear Hitch Command Lever. No leaks, hydraulic system healthy. Tractor has less than 500 hours. Possible Depth Adjustment Hitch Dial gone bad (potentiometer)? Possible broke or weak spring in Rear Hitch Command Lever? Anyone else have/had similar problem? TIA

Mark

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I don't think anyone on here has an 8R, and the guy who usually comments on the large ag tractors doesn't know much about anything post 1990, so i'm not sure how much help you'll get. I would pick up a service manual and start there.

Reactions: SmpTX

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think anyone on here has an 8R, and the guy who usually comments on the large ag tractors doesn't know much about anything post 1990, so i'm not sure how much help you'll get. I would pick up a service manual and start there.
Thanks John. Tried searching online for a service manual with no luck. The tractor is located 200 miles from the closest service center. I'll continue looking.

Mark

·
Registered
972 Posts
Does the hitch hold up when engine is shut down? If it leaks down when engine is off, then most likely the control valve or lift check valve is leaking internally. If it holds up when engine is off, then it can be hitch position sensor is bad, or depth adjusting control could be bad. Are you getting any error codes? If you lower hitch all the way, does it try to raise by itself?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the hitch hold up when engine is shut down? If it leaks down when engine is off, then most likely the control valve or lift check valve is leaking internally. If it holds up when engine is off, then it can be hitch position sensor is bad, or depth adjusting control could be bad. Are you getting any error codes? If you lower hitch all the way, does it try to raise by itself?
Thanks for the response jd… hitch does hold up with engine shut down, no error codes, does not try to raise back up by itself when lowered all the way. I am suspecting a bad depth adjust hitch dial. On the same model, but with first 2 serial numbers (of last six) beginning with "05", there is a potentiometer (JD Part # RE267676)which is common to go bad and cause my described problem. My first 2 of last six in serial number is "09" which does not have a separate potentiometer, but has a similar device called a "Depth Adjust Hitch Dial". I am suspecting it went bad but no one I talk to has experienced any problems with their depth adjust hitch dial (JD part # RE584123)

Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try turning off the hitch lock damping feature. It is in the advanced settings in the command center.
@jd110:

Verified hitch locking damper feature is "off"... Mystery remains. Hopefully the new Depth Adjustment Dial is the problem. Our particular serial number does not have a separate potentiometer; it's built into the Depth Dial and comes as one unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts